Digital Transformation Manager (Commercial)
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason has undergone a fundamental and rapid shift in digital capability in the last few years and with an ambitious strategy to continue offering fantastic customer experiences & empowering colleagues, through better use of digital, technological and data innovations.
We're now looking for someone who wants to shape that transformation, taking on responsibilities including:
- Digital transformation of our core commercial systems - undertaking an end-to-end strategic review of our ranging, pricing, merchandising, stock control, forecasting and S&OP
- Ensure appropriate technology support is in place for assigned business areas, throughout the lifecycle of implementation, development and ongoing usage
- Shape and lead a portfolio of projects and change initiatives to improve our commercial operation and bring insight to commercial, operational and financial decisions
Why work for us?
- You want your projects to have immediate and lasting impact
- Fantastic brand and heritage, but a lot of exciting technological change and growth ahead
- Investigating, valuing and prioritising new opportunities for improvement is something you enjoy
- Great exposure to senior teams, including board and management committee, across many different departments, including commercial, operations, people, and international retail
- We're a small, inclusive, passionate team, which will give you responsibility and the space to innovate and shape the way the business runs
What you will be doing:
- Strong business partnership to Merchandising, Buying, Technical and International functions, understanding the business goals and ensuring digital transformation aspects of their strategy are driven forward.
- Working in partnership with assigned business leaders, develop and manage a prioritised portfolio of transformation initiatives (strategic, compliance and CI/BAU)
- Select and manage 3rd parties to provide advice and assess for their digital offerings on relevant solutions
What we're looking for:
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience and strong knowledge of commercial functions and technology, preferably in a retail, consumer goods, manufacturing or services environment
- Experience with implementation programmes in digital systems would be an asset.
- Experience of contributing to the development and execution of a multi-year business strategy
- Ability to make strategic, change and operational decisions, based on strategic insight, financial acumen, sound logic and rationale, as well as the ability to simplify complexity and focus on outcomes.
- Willing to get stuck into technical detail and out into the operation, taking a hands-on approach, as well as bringing analytical and data-driven insight.
- Strategic and creative thinker, with strong leadership and people skills. Can demonstrate evidence of vision-setting and leadership with a team, whether or not through formal management experience.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to challenge, build credibility with a wide range of audiences and work with integrity at all times
- Capable of working with ambiguity and sourcing innovative and creative solutions, with limited resources and budget.
- Flexible and responsive in remit to the business needs - happy to get stuck in wherever the most opportunity presents itself, regardless of formal lines of responsibility
- Tenacious, analytical and resilient - demonstrable track record in adapting to changing priorities and a fast-moving environment. Embraces change and enjoys new challenges.
- Capable of working successfully in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment, whilst respecting the legacy and history of a brand and 316-year-old family business.
- D365 and Power BI familiarity strongly desirable; specific examples of other technical exposure to planning, accounting, and enterprise software & reporting tools would be advantageous.
- A competitive salary
- A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
- 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
- A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum's ingredients
- A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
- Excellent pension scheme