This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The role is broad in terms of the breadth of assignments that it is designed to cover: At entry level it's could cover the delivery of moderately large, complex projects. However, at other end of the scale it could cover the delivery of very large, highly complex Project(s), programmes or project portfolios. The common factors though include
* End to end ownership / responsibility of all aspects of delivery.
* Responsibility for creating the environment for teams to succeed (i.e. removing internal barriers, ensuring customer dependencies are met etc.)
* Potential to cover any or all stages of the delivery lifecycle.
* Complex Work Breakdown Structure.
* Complex delivery organisation. Leadership of teams that will include Project Management Professional, Hub resources and / or other Project Managers. This is in addition to other specialists from across BT
The nature of delivery will be bespoke Network, IT and voice solutions for Enterprise Customers. It is expected that the value of delivery activity (i.e. PS Resource, equipment etc.) could be between £5 Million and £20 Million but this should not be viewed as the deciding dimension of this role versus others.
You'll be directly engaging with customers at in leadership roles (i.e. IT Manager, Programme Manager etc.) and be viewed by them as leading significant pieces of delivery that are highly visible and recognisable. In this respect what you and your team deliver and the behaviours the collective team exhibit will shape customer experience. As a leader in the professional community of Project and Programme Managers you will be expected to promote and shape project management methods / tools. In addition you will be expected to ensure that your team conforms with governance / standards set out by the PMO (or contract where mandated).
What you'll be doing
* Accountable for leading the delivery of project(s), programme or portfolio that are large, complex and represent significant benefit / risk to our customers. The delivery will be highly visible and recognisable.
* Accountable for building complex matrix delivery organisation consisting of a mixture of dedicated and shared resources: These resources will be Project Management, other internal specialists and external third parties.
* Act as a customer champion. Establishes customer needs, uses operational and technical expertise to deliver brilliant experiences by resolving customer issues and delivery quality and timeliness. Understanding the customer business context and the impacts the programme has on successful business outcomes
* Accountable for delivering projects to contracted service levels.
* Accountable for setting / agreeing a significant delivery budget and and ensuring that costs do not exceed this.
* Accountable for customer satisfaction associated with delivery.
* Accountable for identifying and managing changes in scope - ensuring the appropriate governance is applied.
* Accountable for building a comprehensive governance structure with relevant customers, client service managers account team and the programme team. Taking responsibility for leading the development of the appropriate plans and controls to ensure successful delivery.
* Accountable for ensuring that the solution (and other deliverables) are of the right quality and accepted by the customer.
* Accountable for ensuring that defined methodologies, processes and tools are consistently applied across the projects in scope, in-line with the overall standards set by the PMO.
* Manages project risk for BT and customers with an ability to use and adapt recognized project management methods and processes depending on elements of the risk profile and governance needs.
* Ensures the PMO and resourcing functions have clear line of sight of upcoming demand and contract requirements.
* Works in collaboration with the Practice Managers, and the Client Services Programme team to ensure consistent delivery to customers.
* Provide direction to the team on requirements, scope, timescale, cost constraints and quality expectations.
* Accountable for mobilising the project, programme or portfolio.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.