This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Welder - 2f- PB / 2g -PC, 3g -& 6g coding's
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £15.00 - £23.33 per hour
- 2f - PB horizontal/ 2g - PC horizontal £15.00 per hour dayshift / £19.95 per hour night shift
- 3g - PF vertical up - £16.27 per hour dayshift / £21.64 per hour night shift
- 6g - £17.54 per hour day shift / £23.33 per hour night shift
- 37 hours per week
- Day shift Monday - Thursday 07.30 - 16.00 & Friday 07.30 - 12.30
- Night shift Monday - Wednesday 19:00 - 05:30 & Thursday 19:00 - 02:30
- Weekend shifts available
- Full-time, permanent
- Overtime available at 1.5/1.84 of basic rate
You should have strong communication and problem-solving skills, commitment to continuous improvement and work well in a team.
Welders must have experience in one or more of the below codes and be able to pass an onsite weld test to evidence competency:
- 2f- PB horizontal / 2g -PC horizontal
- 3g - PF vertical up
- 6g (bare wire or flux core)
- 6g (TIG)
Welders should hold a recognised apprenticeship with substantial weld experience in a manufacturing environment. Opportunities are available to progress through the welding codes.
About the Role:
Responsive Engineering Ltd is growing; we are looking for a number of Welders to join our highly talented and skilled team and be part of our exciting growth journey. We have been awarded major new defence contracts spanning a number of years located in the historical 'tank factory' based on Scotswood road.
As a welder, you will always go the extra mile. In return, we'll go the extra mile for you, with excellent training, support, development, and opportunities to progress through the welding coding's. Employees feel empowered to achieve.
At Responsive Engineering Ltd, the safety and wellbeing of our employees remain our priority, and our values are at the heart of everything we do.
The successful candidates will work within the fabrication and welding team to provide metal components to produce finished goods that will be susceptible to all forms of post weld inspection/NDE.
- Fabricate a varying range of products and materials to the correct standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Highlight any issues to the Chargehand/Team Leader which may affect the fabrication of these products
- Check all relevant information on Route Cards to ensure correct drawings, material have been issued prior to the manufacture of components.
- Sign off relevant sections of Route Card on completion of operations.
- Report any non-conforming components to the section supervisor in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean and appropriate safety equipment is worn at all times. Ensure appropriate lifting equipment is used and assistance is sought when handling heavy objects. Ensure good work practices are adopted and carried out in line with company procedures
- Participate in and support improvement activities in your area as required.
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies and procedures and risk assessments.
- Attend team briefings and participate as required.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by your Line Manager, Production Manager(s) or a member of the Senior Management team
- Working knowledge in fabrication and welding
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of welding & fabricating steel components
- Ability to follow manufacturing instructions and follow plans
Disposition (Required critical behaviours):
- Solutions focused approach
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and confident in taking responsibility for area of work
- Flexibility to work shifts and overtime as required to support business needs
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement
- Self-discipline for PPE / House Keeping / Safe Working Practice
- Willingness to train and progress
We offer an attractive employment package, including:
- Opportunities for day and night shifts with overtime (overtime premium paid)
- 25 days holidays per year + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Death in Service life insurance scheme
- Personal Injury scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Free electric charging points
- Salary sacrifice schemes including cycle to work
- Referral programme (up to £750)
- Onsite parking
- Early finish on a Friday
- Onsite canteen and takeaway
Please click the APPLY button to submit your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Welder, Skilled Welder, Fabricator, Welding Technician, Fabricator Welder, Welding Engineer, Welding, Finishing Welder, Fabrication, Mig Welder, Mig Fabricator, Manufacturing Welder and Manufacturing Fabricator may also be considered for this role.