Major Simulators Technical Lead Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Come join our Major Simulators team within the Engineering Operations business unit.
In this highly diverse position, the successful candidate will be responsible for system and full vehicle verification, within a hydraulic test rig environment, as well as working on various innovative projects and working with state of the art technology.
As a true Leader, you will support a team of Engineers and Technicians to undertake test methodology development activity and validation of the data generated.
You will have massive exposure to various Engineering departments within JLR, including Chassis and Dynamics. Working with these internal customers for research and development, highlighting failures, and finding new solutions, whilst working in our brand new modern facility.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Ensure processes and activity comply with corporate quality standards including H&S.
- Lead and co-ordinate team activity which will include test and development of vehicle systems.
- Engage with team to ensure high quality test and development standards.
- Lead requirement generation, installation and commissioning of new test rigs.
- ?Support resource and facility planning alongside local management and customers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Ability to work shift patterns on site
- Experience in rig based, test and evaluation techniques relating to structural performance.
- Good mechanical and electrical understanding of chassis and body systems.
- Understanding of active system technologies present on vehicle and subsystems.
- Awareness of laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration related activity.
- Awareness of Vehicle Networks, Flexray/CAN, Vector or similar Diagnostic Tools.