IT Environment Manager
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Role: IT Environment Manager
Length: 6 Months
Day Rate: £450 - £550 (DoE)
Start Date: ASAP (possible to wait for the right candidate)
We are looking for a contractor to co-ordinate the delivery and management of all non-production environments.
This includes identifying the environments required, co-ordinating their readiness with development/release teams and planning for data refreshes.
You will be working with Programme Managers to support the transformation delivery plan (involving waterfall and agile delivery methods).
- Analyse environment requirements
- Manage the delivery of development and test environments (system test, UAT, performance)
- Manage the maintaining, refreshing and recycling of environments
- Provide technical consultancy on environments and software deployment - expertise on underlying infrastructure, technologies and tools
- Engage with infrastructure teams to enable capacity management (storage, memory, processors)
- support project delivery teams and BAU maintenance teams
- Document environments and underlying components to appropriate standards
- Support continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience of environment management
- Experience of IT architecture and infrastructure & the systems development lifecycle (including DevOps & project management principles, tools and methodologies)
- Experience of software environments (client-server/web-based applications, SOA, ESB implementations, BI systems etc.)
- Familiarity with industry standard hyperscalers, software and databases (Azure, SQL Server, Java, Unix, Wintel, Oracle)
- Use of formal tools for software control (GitLab and Subversion)
- Use of formal tools for managing software packages & deployment software
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales