This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are searching for a Software Developer to join our clients dedicated development team based in Exeter / East Devon.
Our client is at a particularly crucial point in their development and this position offers the successful candidate a significant opportunity for growth within the company over the next few years.
The role is a permanent position offered on a hybrid working basis. You will need to come into our clients Exeter / East Devon office circa 1 or 2 days per week, spending the rest of the week working from home.
As a Software Developer, you will look after the full end-to-end development life-cycle. Working closely with the Head of Software Development, Senior Developers and Junior Developers, you will help expand this global software solution with an extensive development road-map.
- Assisting the Head of Software Development and Senior Developers with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Maintaining and expanding your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code and unit tests.
- Taking responsibility for key DevOps features, bugs and user stories.
- Leading the development of a greenfield external API and external integration platform.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Authoring reports and contributing to software documentation.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate in-depth experience of a mixture of the following to be considered for the role: -
- .NET Framework
- ASP.NET or ASP.NET MVC or Web API
- Experience of Angular Framework or similar open-source web application frameworks is desirable but is NOT essential.
- Working within an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Microsoft Azure/Azure Cloud or AWS.
- Entity Framework.
- HTML and CSS.
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- 3 to 5 years commercial development experience using the .NET framework.
- 3 to 5 years commercial experience developing and maintaining RESTful Web APIs.
- Experience integrating B2B data
- A team player with a proactive approach to identifying issues and finding solutions
- Educated to degree or equivalent/similar with 3+ years commercial experience.
This really is an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic and growing business - you will be given autonomy from the start, and you will help to shape the software solution and product offerings moving forward.
The role is being offered with an excellent salary and benefits package, including: -
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life Cover
- Income Protection
- Annual Eye Tests
- Pension Scheme
- Good Holiday Allowance
Please note, to be considered for this role you MUST be eligible to work in the UK long-term without company sponsorship as our client is not in a position to sponsor applicants now or in the future.
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Bowerford Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.