Data Manager / Data Product Owner
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Data Manager / Data Product Owner
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time.
FGE is an international energy consultancy specializing in world-class independent research and analysis of the energy markets. We are a team of experienced professionals with a wide range of international clients such as energy companies, financial institutions, trading houses, utilities, and governments. We offer the full suite of research and consulting services including reports and presentations, data and analytics solutions, and bespoke consulting engagements.
About the role:
As a Data Manager / Data Product Owner, your pivotal role will involve taking ownership of our existing data systems and driving enhancements in line with our business strategy. You'll also play a key part in helping to deliver new data sets and features that empower our organization. This multifaceted position encompasses the development of data strategy, product management, and technical expertise to ensure the value of our data assets can be unlocked.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Data Warehouse Ownership:
- Take charge of the entire data warehouse ecosystem, including data architecture, storage, and data imports/exports.
- Work with Heads of Department to set and enforce data standards and best practices to maintain data consistency and accuracy.
Data Inflows and Integration:
- Collaborate with various teams to understand data requirements and establish data ingestion processes and identify best schedule for data imports.
- Work with the development team to create tools for data ingress.
- Work with IT to monitor data inflows, troubleshoot issues, and ensure data availability and reliability.
Data Dictionary and Documentation:
- Build on existing work to enhance and maintain a comprehensive data dictionary to document data assets, definitions, and relationships, and locations.
- Ensure data documentation is up-to-date and readily available to users and analysts.
Collaboration with Analysts and Customers:
- Work closely with data analysts to understand their data needs and ensure the timely delivery of relevant, high-quality data.
- Facilitate data access and support ad-hoc queries and reporting.
Data Strategy Development / Roadmap:
- Play a key role in shaping the company's data strategy by identifying opportunities for data-driven insights and innovation.
- Collaborate with the Head of IT/COO to develop and execute the data roadmap including a roadmap of new features/datasets to be made available.
Product Management for Data Warehouse:
- Act as a Product Owner for the data warehouse, defining clear requirements and prioritising features for development.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure the timely and successful delivery of data-related projects.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field.
- Proven experience in data warehouse management, management of time series data, ETL processes, and data governance.
- Strong understanding of data modelling, SQL, Python and database technologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in product management or a strong willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of energy data sets an advantage.
- Familiarity with data visualisation tools and data analytics concepts is a plus.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Learning opportunities are available and the employee is also welcome to suggest and recommend programs if useful.
- Annual performance reviews to discuss opportunities and an annual discretionary bonus scheme.
- Private Health care
- Employee referral scheme available
Please click the APPLY button to submit your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Data Analyst, Reporting Analyst, Market Research, Market Analysis, Data Analysis, trading analyst, Information Manager, Senior Information Manager, Management Information, Data Manager, Data Analyst, Regulatory Analysis, Product Owner, Product Development, Project Manager, Value Manager, Product Officer, Business Strategy, Business Analyst, Product Growth Manager and Growth Manager may also be considered for this role.