Cyber Security Analyst
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Information Services and Security have a vital role to play in a crucial national mission. We're here to enable the organisation to deliver through the use of technology. As AWE transforms itself to meet the needs of the UK's next-generation nuclear deterrent, we need to adapt to deliver data-driven decision making, flexible and future-proofed IT services, adaptable cyber security, support to a multi-billion Pound building programme, and many more.
The scale might be daunting to some, but you'll find it stimulating. We've got a long journey that we've only just started and we're looking for motivated people who can take us in the right direction. Your role will contribute directly to that shared mission. We won't deceive you, in some areas we're starting from a low base, but within ten years this organisation will look very different, and you can help make that happen. This is a role where you'll contribute to a legacy of national security for decades to come. So come and join us.
We are recruiting for a Cyber Security Analyst to conduct the monitoring of Cyber Security systems; data collation, threat hunting and incident response.
What we do at AWE is unique and so are our threats. The Cyber SOC monitor both traditional networks and cloud environments and the SOC benefits from having a wide range of tooling available to the analysts.
Analysts within the SOC have the ability to help grow and shape what we monitor and how we respond to threat. We offer and encourage self-development to ensure our analysts remain knowledgeable and have the skills in order to maintain our mission.
We are looking for an experienced Cyber Security/Incident Response Analyst with a passion for Cyber Security.
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Monitoring activity on corporate networks for compliance against Company policy.
- Monitor alerts and first line response to Cyber security incidents.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Support to the AWE Security Operations Centre (SOC) Manager in ensuring that SLAs are delivered by all members of the AWE Cyber Team.
- Support to experiential training of the analyst pool (BT and AWE).
- Monitor for external and insider threats
- Conduct Threat Hunts
- Write new rules and tune existing rules and use cases
- Assess and develop existing toolsets to improve capability
- Support the wider AWE in improving our defences
- Conduct incident response
You Will Have:
- Experience within a SOC environment
- Incident response experience
- A passion for Cyber Security
- A qualification/certification in Cyber Security would be nice to have but not essential
All Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.