This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Why this job matters
This role helps ensure that transformational security projects across the business are aligned with the security strategy and implement effective controls that mitigate physical and cyber security risks. The aim is for security risk to sit within the minimum and maximum risk appetite. The role ensures that, projects are delivered and change is embedded so that benefits are realised and measured.
It is integral to all products and services and must operate effectively. It underpins the fast growing Security business. As a Global Telecommunications carrier and provider, UK Critical National Infrastructure, this role's leadership and commitment to improve security protection and contain impact during incidents is vital verses the fast evolving threat and actors up to Nation State level.
What I'll be doing - your accountabilities
* Accountable for the Business Analysis within a project, programme or work stream.
* Working with the project manager to Identifying key stakeholders for the new solution.
* Working with the project manager to confirming/determine the objectives of the new solution.
* Analysing and documenting the current solution, identifying any problems.
* Producing requirements documentation to a high standard that meet stakeholder needs, using requirements modelling techniques as appropriate. This should include acceptance criteria for the new solution.
* Managing the requirements throughout the project lifecycle; ensuring effective scope control and ensuring solution compliance to requirements is tracked through delivery & testing to implementation
* Designing and documenting high level operational processes for the new solution. Consulting with the solution architect and designers.
* Working with operational stakeholders to design and document low level operational processes for the new solution, identifying new and impacted processes. Coordinating with the solution architect.
* Planning and documenting the transition from the current solution to the new solution. Consulting with the project manager and the solution architect.
* Developing comprehensive end-to-end test cases. Consulting with the solution architect.
* Carrying out training sessions and workshops for relevant teams.
* Overseeing the transition/implementation of operational processes.
* Ensuring embedding of operational process and carry out periodic checks.
* Providing updates and reports to the project manager.
* Leading meetings, facilitating workshops and delivering presentations for a wide range of audiences, demonstrating consistently high quality of communication and influence, at all levels to director.
* Developing cross-functional relationships both within and outside the organisation.
* Travelling as and when required to sites to meet with project stakeholders and attend workshops
Skills required for the job
* STEM related Bachelor's degree or a related study, or equivalent experience
* Significant experience of business analysis in a multi-disciplined and commercial environment
* Demonstrate excellent knowledge and practical experience with a variety of Business Analysis tools and techniques
* Excellent management of stakeholder relationships at all levels
* Proven strong communication and influencing skills and a collaborative approach.
* Strong problem solving and conflict management techniques
* Able to work independently on ill-defined problems
* Demonstrable skills in presenting information effectively
* Demonstrable experience working as a business analyst on one or more of the following types of project:
* PKI certificate management
* Firewall solutions
* Demonstrable experience working on complex cyber security projects or complex IT projects
* Recognised business analyst qualifications e.g. BCS business analysis diploma.
Experience you would be expected to have
* Demonstrable experience in Business Analysis or related field
* Experience of business requirement definition, process design and associated methodologies
* Good knowledge of business processes, capabilities, operations and technical environment
* Understanding of agile methods and their implications for project delivery
* Experience of working on high profile projects reporting to senior management and directors
* Experience using ARIS or MS Visio for process capture
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.