£50,000 - £55,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.Job Description
To be part of the IT Leadership Team in Europe focused on education and learning through the delivery of quality IT services and associated support to schools, departments, and associated businesses.
This role will manage the IT services and technicians in two of London's most prestigious and innovative schools.
Crucial to this role is the ability to build strong relationships with school leaders, work in the bustling environment of schools, communicate clearly and pro-actively, and lead a team of school-based IT technicians.
Control and governance of school / businesses IT services ensuring that all infrastructure, hardware, software and cloud services are deployed, managed, maintained, supported and changed effectively.
Facilitate Stakeholder Management with business leaders and leadership teams through regular engagement and reporting regarding performance, business requirements and continuous improvement.
To manage the on-site 2 nd line IT Support provided by IT Technicians using the Group ITSM tool and following IT policies, processes, procedures, and standards as deployed in line with the ITIL framework.
Leadership of a group of school-based IT technicians.
To be the primary IT contact for the leadership teams in your assigned schools and associated business units.
- Understand the role of technology in the provision of education and learning.
- Conduct regular school / site inspection to identify weaknesses in technology deployment, improve quality and drive continuous improvement.
- Conduct a formal service review each term with the school / business unit, present support performance, identify opportunities and risks, and develop areas for improvement and investment.
- Identify and champion school/business improvement requirements associated with technology, ensuring alignment with Group, Regional and Country Policies and Standards.
- Attend and represent IT at School, POD, and Regional meetings (Including School Governance in Autumn and Summer Term).
- Identify, document, and define critical services / processes and associated KPIs to be measured.
- Create periodic dashboards, scorecards and reports to demonstrate IT performance against SLA / KPI.
- Define and maintain a list of all IT services and applications in use for allocated schools / business units as part of the IT service catalogue.
- Maintain site documentation (technical, financial, and legal), ensuring the accuracy of information is preserved, kept up to date, and readily available to colleagues.
- Plan and manage all changes to IT services to ensure they are approved, deployed effectively, and have appropriate support agreements in place.
- Manage service problems and customer complaints through to resolution, engaging / updating where required with Executives and School Leadership Team members.
- Facilitate periodic auditing of all IT hardware, software, services, and user accounts within a school/business unit to ensure accuracy of data held in the ITSM/CMDB.
- Build, Manage and Develop a team of highly skilled School IT Technicians who work in the allocated schools / business units.
- Collaborate with the EdTech team to ensure technology and associated support in schools is aligned.
- Ensure all support incidents and requests allocated to technicians are correctly assigned and prioritised to ensure efficient resolution of 2nd line IT work within agreed SLAs.
- Provide technical escalation support and/or assist IT colleagues in troubleshooting faults
- To own and manage all Significant and Major Incidents in your assigned schools / business units; especially communication, incident review and follow up actions.
- Conduct periodic appraisals of team members, setting objectives, identify areas for development and facilitate training.
- Implement and monitor the adoption of ITIL process with specific focus on Stakeholder, Incident, Change, Problem and Asset Management.
- Support and/or manage projects and initiatives as directed by the European IT Director or European IT Service Delivery Manager.
- IT Management & Leadership
- IT Support environment (2nd & 3rd line support)
- ITSM tools and methodology
- ITIL practice and methodology
- Team Management (including Matrix Management of staff)
- Supporting diverse / remote businesses
Education or similar sector
- Windows Desktop & Server
- MAC Desktop & Server
- Server Rooms & Cloud Services
- Device Management (e.g. InTune / JAMF)
- Network technologies and protocols
- Cyber Security
Business Systems (e.g. Finance, MIS, CRM)
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communicating effectively and professionally with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to adjust communication style (especially in terms of language) to impart technical information to non-IT colleagues.
- Strong leadership ability and team spirit with a can-do attitude.
- Self-motivation, effective time management and the ability to work unsupervised.
Must be able to use initiative and work under pressure, consistently employing a customer centric approach.
Part of the role will be based on site in Central London for 4 days a week and the remaining day will be remote.
The salary for this position if £50K - £55K.
Do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and notice period.