Business Systems Analyst- Insurance Systems
£65,000 - £80,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.Job Description
Business Systems Analyst - Insurance Systems
A background in software development and / or Analysis either as part of an IT Department or a Software Vendor is preferable.
A proven track record of delivery with the ability to 'own' projects and issues is essential.
The candidate would report to the Group Operations Director or relevant Project Manager and depending on the project size, may be working alone or as part of a team.
The role will often be Client facing and the ability to determine requirements, estimate costs and present completed solutions is essential.
The role will often fluctuate between Analysis and Configuration to quite detailed SQL scripting and some report and system design and so it is essential that the candidate be flexible and show ability in both Business and technical areas.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with several years' experience and knowledge of the insurance industry.
The purpose of the position is:
1. Ability to configure Insurance system to meet client specifications
2. Producing project feasibility reports. 3. Liaising with external clients or internal resources
4. Creation of Documentation and MIS Reports using Report Builder tools such as Crystal and MS Report Builder
5. Build SQL queries and use SQL to report on and modify databases. 6. Translating client requirements into highly specified project documents.
7. Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
8. Creating logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
9. Drawing up specific proposals for modified or replacement systems.
10. Presenting proposals to clients.
11. Working closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
12. Drawing up a testing schedules for the product / model testing
13. Being responsible for implementation of projects.
14. Planning and working flexibly to a deadline.
15. Writing user manuals.
16. Providing training to users of a new system.
17. Keeping up to date with technical as well as industry sector developments.
18. Undertakes any other related duties as may be reasonably required.
The essential skills for the BSA role are:
- Must have experience of / a strong understanding of insurance
- Must have configuration skills using SQL
- Must have Business Analysis skills - excellent communication skills
Key skills require are:
1. Proven Analysis ability
2. Strong, logical investigative skills.
3. Ability to learn and understand Insurance and Financial Applications and functionality.
4. Candidate should be able to configure software applications for Client requirements
5. Ability to understand Business and System process flows and design appropriate solutions
6. Good Verbal and written communications.
7. Must assume responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work product.
8. Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of issues / tasks.
9. The competent use and understanding of standard office IT applications
The Company is based in Romford Essex - the role will be hybrid, where you can work remotely and attend meetings at the Company's offices in the City of London or Romford several times a month.
The salary for this position will be circa £65K - £80K.
Please do send your CV to us in Word format along with you salary and notice period.