This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.About Us
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and new ground-breaking technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them a successful and innovative company. We are an organisation recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong dedication to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, we have over 260,000 hard-working, respected employees serving clients across six continents. Together, we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and exciting new future.
The Business Unit
As we accelerate our FullStride Cloud push within Wipro and align with the customer expectations from across the globe, we want to make sure that our partnership structure not only enables, but also accelerates the shift towards a healthy and vibrant partner eco-system. We are enhancing our teams with sector aligned partnership leaders to drive a sectoral strategy, to grow the pipeline/order book through field sales.
What you will do:
- Accountable for day-to-day management, mentoring, motivating, attracting and retaining our high-performance engineering talents.
- Work closely with other buildit Studio Leads to ensure close cooperation and alignment.
- Lead the global buildit GTM 5X growth strategy.
- Own the UK growth targets.
- Foster a high-performance engineering team and a culture of collaboration that will not only help enhance our brand perception within Wipro but also become a magnet for top talent.
- Ensure that buildit is a safe space for our people to work, have fun, share ideas, achieve personal and professional growth and be the champion of change for Wipro and our customers.
- Coach, mentor and empower our team to ensure that we operate with integrity, transparency, inclusivity, responsiveness and most importantly, be accountable.
- Uphold and embody buildit and Wipro's core values and principles in everything we do.
- Ensure people have the time to develop and grow during client engagement and bench time.
- Compelling articulation of buildit value proposition to both internal and external stakeholders to showcase buildit robust engineering capability to drive a business outcome and enhance Wipro's brand perception and increase market share.
- Build trusted relationships with the FSC sales team, global account executives (GAEs) and other service lines to generate "qualified" business demands.
- Attract and retain the highest caliber engineering talents to ensure delivery excellence and earning the right to become a trusted advisor
- MUST meet our utilisation and revenue objectives.
- Proactively contribute to the creation of new services offerings to keep us market-relevant and maintain a competitive edge.
- Coordinating all operational needs (hiring, onboarding, offboarding, training, studio headcount, utilisation, bench, revenue reporting etc.)
The ideal candidate for this role:
- A technology executive or a consultant with current or previous experience of leading a software and or product engineering team.
- Big 4 or boutique software engineering background is a plus.
- Previous experience in building a consulting offering is a plus.
- Solid understanding of modern and cloud-native software engineering, methodologies, tools and best practices.
- Excellent executive presence with the ability to articulate a compelling value proposition and complex technical matters in layman's terms to non-technical business or sales audience. -
- Strong business acumen and P&L experience
- A passionate leader with a growth mindset (our business and our people); empathy and self-awareness.
- Experienced in managing software developers/engineering teams between 30 - 60 employees.
- Track record of carrying and achieving sales & growth targets.
- Experience in strategic planning, hiring, and setting up a cross-functional team of engineers and transformation leads.
- Experience in coaching, counselling and mentoring and all aspects of people development.
- relevant work experience,
- years leading technology teams
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or business
- MUST have working experience with on/off shore and nearshore team members
- Being Respectful, this requires that you treat others how you want to be treated
- Being Responsive, this requires that you always acknowledge, commit and respond within reasonable timeframes
- Always Communicating, this requires that you ensure information flows (including difficult news) in a timely, proactive and consistent manner
- Demonstrate Stewardship, this requires that you put the interest of Wipro ahead of everything else (business unit / team / self)
- Building Trust, this require that you demonstrate a high say-do ratio in everything you do without externalizing failures
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay! We value a diverse range of backgrounds & ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.