Senior Highways Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior Highways Engineer
Project Centre, part of Marston Holdings, is a leading design, engineering, and landscape architecture consultancy whose highly talented people are passionate about creating places that are attractive, innovative, sustainable, and safe. Our approach to integrated design produces award winning results that have won international recognition and named CIHT's Employer of the Year in 2021. Led by a forward-thinking management team we work together in multi-disciplinary teams that provide services that are well thought-out and sustainable.
We are currently looking for a Senior Highways Engineer to join our team based at our Brighton office. You will join a vibrant team and work on major prestigious projects within London and across the UK, enabling you to advance your career, whilst giving you the freedom to achieve personal growth and development. We will provide you with the opportunities to enable you to succeed and support you to reach your potential.
We recognise our greatest strength is the people we employ, and we are committed to developing talent and providing staff with the skills and knowledge they need to not only do their job well now, but to equip them for life as their careers unfold. Our staff say our people and our diversity are our biggest strengths and our Equality and Inclusion Group and Women's Network are ensuring that inclusion is at the heart of our policies, processes, and practices. As standard we offer flexible working to everyone and the ability to work remotely when needed. Project Centre is a people focused organisation. We care about our colleagues and part of that is to help every employee to achieve a healthy work-life balance.
If you aspire to really making a difference and want to work with great colleagues whilst advancing your career, then Project Centre could be the place for you.
The position itself will include, but not be limited to:
- Significant experience in the development and detailed design of highway maintenance and improvement scheme designs in accordance with the DMRB using AutoCAD and Civils 3D.
- Proven ability to be able to produce highways 3D Engineering designs from 2D layouts including existing and proposed models, cross section, long section and contours.
- Knowledge of highway assets and the appropriate solutions for renewal or improvement.
- The design and documentation of civil infrastructure components of the projects, including but not limited to, Highway design (S38/S278) both preliminary and detailed & Drainage design both strategic and detailed.
- Conduct any liaison or consultation with statutory authorities or undertakers as necessary to implement the construction of the project.
- To provide support within the Highways Team in the management and delivery of the service to our clients
- Production and checking of drawings (AutoCAD)
- Communicating with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers within PCL
- Support other Project Centre employees with technical advice on Highway Engineering projects
- Give technical advice to our clients and potential clients
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to budget
- To lead on projects ensuring PCL and the Highways team deliver the agreed commissions and that Client expectations are met or exceeded
- To lead the engineering input at all stages of a project from conceptual design, through the project cycle to site monitoring
- Support junior staff with their training and development
- Check output produced by other staff in terms of reports/drawings etc.
- Accredited degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Consideration given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification.
- In depth understanding of Highway Design and design standards
- Knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of developing feasibility, and preliminary design to traffic/local roads problems which include Alignment, Drainage, Pavement, Road Restraint System, Road Signs & Markings.
- Knowledge or awareness of walking & cycling design, traffic calming, Healthy Streets, junction design, and carriageway renewal design.
- Demonstrate understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant technical / industry / TFL standards
- Good project management skills and financial management
- Evidence showing continuous professional development.
- £Negotiable and subject to experience
- 25 days' annual leave + Bank Holidays!
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
- Plenty of company organised social functions!
- Flexible working policy