Senior Drainage Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior Drainage Engineer
Project Centre, part of Marston Holdings, is a leading design, engineering, and landscape architecture consultancy whose highly talented people are passionate about creating places that are attractive, innovative, sustainable, and safe. Our approach to integrated design produces award winning results that have won international recognition and named CIHT's Employer of the Year in 2021. Led by a forward-thinking management team we work together in multi-disciplinary teams that provide services that are well thought-out and sustainable.
We are currently looking for a Senior Drainage Engineer to join our Flood and Water Management team based at our Manchester office. You will join a vibrant team and work on major prestigious projects within Manchester and across the UK, enabling you to advance your career, whilst giving you the freedom to achieve personal growth and development. We will provide you with the opportunities to enable you to succeed and support you to reach your potential.
We recognise our greatest strength is the people we employ, and we are committed to developing talent and providing staff with the skills and knowledge they need to not only do their job well now, but to equip them for life as their careers unfold. Our staff say our people and our diversity are our biggest strengths and our Equality and Inclusion Group and Women's Network are ensuring that inclusion is at the heart of our policies, processes, and practices. As standard we offer flexible working to everyone and the ability to work remotely when needed. Project Centre is a people focused organisation. We care about our colleagues and part of that is to help every employee to achieve a healthy work-life balance.
If you aspire to really making a difference and want to work with great colleagues whilst advancing your career, then Project Centre could be the place for you.
The position itself will include, but not be limited to:
- Production and agreement of drainage strategies
- Modelling and review of existing drainage networks
- Identification and flood risk assessments and determining effective solutions
- Experience of attenuation and pollution controls
- Experience in SUDs design from concept through to implementation
- Drainage detail design including specification and schedules
- Stakeholder engagement
- Seek to add value on all works and knowledge sharing
- Ensure quality control
- Assist in the estimation of works costs and bidding of new works
- Chartered or working towards Chartered status of appropriate professional body
- Demonstrable experienced drainage engineering in both local authority and private sector. Wide range of skills and projects including attenuation, SUDS and public realm
- Experience of working in London and with TfL
- Experience and knowledge within highways, public realm and the civil engineering industry
- £Negotiable and subject to experience
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
- Plenty of company organised social functions