We are currently searching for an experienced remote-working 3rd Line Network Engineer for an exciting client. This is a technical role where you will be working as part of the Network Team to design, implement, operate and maintain a wide range of network and security systems on behalf of both internal and external clients.
You will be delivering multiple concurrent tasks with varying technologies in an exciting competitive environment, with exposure to a wide range of emerging technologies.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience in designing and building network solutions, in order to drive the network and security strategy forward.
You will operate and support all networking and related infrastructure, provisioned both internally and on behalf of our customers. The post holder will also work closely with the Information Security Team, assisting and advising on improvements and capabilities which assist the continuous improvement of the security posture.
Network Design Duties
- Evaluate, design and implement transformational change to network infrastructure.
- Keep up to date with technology trends and assess improvements that can be made to the network infrastructure.
- Work with Application Delivery, InfoSec and Infrastructure teams to consult on networking and security design and optimisation.
- Consult on and implement complex routing and connectivity types including Azure (Express-Route), VPN and SDWAN.
Network Operations Duties
- Technical operation of the LAN/WAN including configuration & deployment, monitoring, maintenance & troubleshooting, auditing and log management and upgrade and support of all network systems including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN.
- Perform regular system change tasks in line with customer requirements, ensuring that any potential issues are highlighted well in advance of causing problems or delay.
- Maintain and provide technical engineering services for local and remote site network infrastructures including the ability to design, implement and maintain network, security, wireless and voice technologies and solutions.
- Undertake analysis of network traffic, hardware/software configurations, disaster recovery and network utilisation.
- Participate in disaster recovery tests for LAN/WAN infrastructure and document the findings.
- Participate in the evaluation process of new network systems and services in relation to performance and security requirements.
- Maintain inventory of LAN/WAN hardware, software assets and network IP addressing.
Security Administration Duties
- Assist in documenting and maintaining elements of network security governance (e.g., policies, procedures, standards).
- Serve as initial point of contact for information security inquiries and audits from both internal and external parties
- Monitor, identify and respond to incidents, diagnosing and deciding on the most appropriate solution; to consult with the system suppliers or other colleagues to ensure their speedy resolution.
- Work with network and security vendors, partners and experts from to solve complex network and security risks, issues and challenges.
- Assist with third party assurance questionnaires and surveys. Perform policy compliance reviews of IT systems.
- Fortinet NSE 4
- MS Azure Certifications
- Strong technical grounding in a wide range of technologies and IT services
- Excellent troubleshooting skills - able to analyse problems and conduct effective fault diagnosis and system recovery
- Good understanding of the commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the network and security operations
- A varied IT related background is desirable, multi data centre enterprise environments with branch office deployments, virtualisation, Cloud, SaaS/IaaS/PaaS, including, AWS, Azure.
The role is being offered with an extremely competitive salary and the following benefits: -
- 25 days' holiday, with optional 5 days unpaid leave per year.
- Remote Working with very occasional office attendance (office is based in Exeter, Devon).
- Annual lifestyle allowance of £300 to put towards an activity of your choice.
- Contributory Pension, matched up to 6% for the first 3 years, then increasing to 10% thereafter.
- Cycle to Work scheme and Gym Flex scheme.
- Internal coaching/mentoring system throughout your time here.
- Focus on training and career progression.
CCNA, CCNP, Fortinet NSE 4, MS Azure, Data Centre Enterprise Environments, Branch Office Deployments, Virtualisation, Cloud, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, VPN, SDWAN, Transformational Change, Network Infrastructure, LAN/WAN, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Bowerford Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Contact Name: Matthew Alford