We are searching for an experienced Network Administrator for an exciting and key client based in East Devon.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Build, deployment and administration of the group network, servers (physical and virtual) and SANs.
- Ongoing monitoring and optimisation to maintain high availability.
- Design and maintenance of MS-Windows Active Directory including profiles, security groups and Group Policies.
- Ensure a fully functional data backup and restore service is operational in line with user and business continuity requirements.
- Configure and maintain network routing, switching and Wi-Fi AP hardware and all aspects of internal IT systems infrastructure. Ensure failover services and redundancy features are constantly available.
- Manage WAN and internet communications to ensure sufficient bandwidth and business continuity requirements are in place.
- Proactively manage and monitor multiple firewall hardware units and security policies.
- Manage ISP services inc. MX / SSL etc.
- Management of our internal IP phone systems and voice / SIP comms.
- Security of systems is paramount and therefore system backups, anti-virus and malware procedures must be continued to be reviewed, tested, and upgraded. External penetration testing routines will need to be established, executed, and reported on. Awareness of cyber threats and how to manage them is essential.
- Assist with the build, deployment and administering of desktop, mobile and peripheral hardware equipment where required to cover the IT Technicians.
- Deliver client installation, configuration and technical support to 200 users - currently over 9 sites, plus home and field-based employees.
- Train end users to make appropriate and safe use of the IT infrastructure.
- Ensure technical and help documentation is created and maintained.
- Maintain the IT Asset register of equipment, software licences and users.
- Assist other members of the IT Department with project objectives where required and ensure a clear and co-operative communication channel exists.
- Communicate effectively with internal customers and offer creative and forward-thinking solutions where necessary.
- Source and manage external suppliers where appropriate to ensure a stable, trusted and cost-effective working relationship.
- A computer related degree or relevant professional certification and accreditation is preferred.
- Experience as a Certified MS Network Administrator or Engineer (MCP/MCSA/MCSE) or relevant position managing secure networks in a MS-Windows environment in a multi-disciplined, enterprise organisation.
- Strong network hardware knowledge and experience with a history of successful design, specification, build, installation, and configuration of virtual network platforms; inc. Host, SAN and NAS infrastructure.
- Trained and certified with demonstrable knowledge of Windows Server and desktop operating systems configuration & troubleshooting Active Directory is essential for this position.
- SCCM/MECM skills would be advantageous.
- Experience of Azure and Mail 365 configuration and administration would be advantageous.
- Trained and certified in virtual server network technologies, specifically ESXi and VMware 6.5 and above configuration and administration. VCP accreditation advantageous.
- Skilled in all aspects of Veaam configuration and administration.
- Very strong TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP and LAN/WAN/VLAN skills. Experience of HP and Cisco switches and routers with fibre is preferable. CCNA/CCNP accreditation advantageous.
- Very strong PowerShell / CLI scripting skills are required.
- Firewall configuration, management, and monitoring experience. Experience of FortiGate products preferable.
- Enterprise wireless networking solution design, configuration, and management skills.
- Proven knowledge of IP telephony systems is required.
- Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to assess and prioritise workloads.
- Proactive team player and communicator.
- Tolerance and determination with users of all abilities.
- Flexibility to work on planned, out of hours systems projects if required.
- A full driving licence will be advantageous.
Working hours are 38.75 (Mon - Fri) - the role is predominately office-based with flexible working hours/options. The role comes with excellent benefits and a very competitive salary.
Servers, SANs, NAS, VLAN, Active Directory, Virtual Networks, Routing, Switching, Infrastructure, WAN, Security, Communications, IT Assets, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, AZURE, 365, ESXi, VMware, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, PowerShell, CCNA, CCNP
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Bowerford Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Contact Name: Matthew Alford