A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As part of the Technical Specialist community, you will be a functional resource for the company. This role includes developing the future company strategy for Electrical Energy Management (EEM).
You will be a custodian of elements of our key processes & technologies for current and future products' Vehicle Electrical Energy Management. You will be expected to teach and mentor team member and also present at global conferences. You will also be responsible for your own and your teams' CPD. You will keep track of technology roadmap for constituent elements of Electrical Energy Demand. A key part of your responsibility is to keep track and ahead of legislative landscapes which may impact Jaguar Land Rover's strategic EEM roadmap. You shall also interface with Legislation & Compliance Strategy team to ensure that we meet global legislative requirements for the EEM node consumption. You shall liaise with Jaguar Land Rover's Vehicle Certification team and global Vehicle Certification Agencies, where required, to ensure compliance of our products with respect to EEM
With the increased level of electrification, the EEM plays a key role in range and gCO2. This role will enable the integration and process compliance of EEM. This role will play a pivotal role in rollout of understanding and arbitrating feature loads and electrical energy at a vehicle level.
With the advent of ADAS L3+ autonomy this area will increasingly get more complicated in terms of managing the feature electrical loads with a keen eye to be kept on FuSA elements. The target setting process for EEM and the associated Quality Operating Schedule (QoS) forms an essential ingredient for ensuring compliance and target delivery of our products.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As a Technical Specialist at Jaguar Land Rover you are expected to have in-depth knowledge and technical expertise in Electrical Energy Management processes and requirements. You should feel comfortable presenting to high level stakeholders and to technical engineers outside your speciality and able to break down complex ideas in an easily digestible fashion.
This team is incentivised to create novel patented ideas and you will be supported in attaining these patents and presenting your findings to conferences worldwide.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
* In-depth knowledge and technical expertise EEM processes and requirements
* In-depth knowledge of Electrical Systems and Electrical Architecture
* In-depth knowledge of Guideline for Review and Design of Electronics
* Ability to effectively explain complex ideas, confidently presenting these to senior stakeholders
* Experience of instrumentation, testing and validation of electrical consumption of systems and components
* Experience & insight of test methods, tools and standards practiced within wider auto industry - related ISO and SAE methods
* Modelling skills in Matlab Simulink or Octave
* Knowledge of feature and feature systems for electrical vehicle architectures
* Knowledge of Agile framework and practices
* Work experience and a proven track record of relevant industry experience
Contact Name: Land Rover Jaguar