A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This role is within Engineering reporting to the departmental Group Leader with matrix reporting to the Programme Module Leader and Product Owner operating as a Project Sealing Engineer with Programme Module Sub-Team (PMST) responsibilities.
The role will focus on leading the Engineering Design, Development and Delivery of the static sealing system and components for Jaguar and Land Rover on New or On-going Program Development (OPD) programmes through to Launch at the Manufacturing plant achieving Supplier Parts Submission Warrant (PSW) in line with programme timing (PCDS)
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Support the development of the Body Structures sealing package in line with the system strategy from initial development through to Job 1 implementation. This will include supplier interaction, design reviews and on plant support & testing
* Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS)
* Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
* Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
* Manage vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
* Resolve issues with component engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
* Ensure all appropriate Jaguar Land Rover standards are met through-out design maturation
* Provide input into new feature development
* Responsible supporting the delivery of: -
• Component cost and weight management
• Relevant requirement s management (RMDV2)
• Supporting sealing test work & root cause analysis
• Paint Body EBHS testing at VP stage.
• AIMS Resolution
• Engineering Releases
• Cost Packs, Statements of Work, Support purchase with RFQ's etc
* Lead regular internal Design reviews during the Virtual Series phase and major milestone reviews with the department core team.
* Support prototype builds and production builds both within the UK and at overseas locations
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Good communication and interpersonal skills, with influencing and engagement skills.
* High level of drive and self-motivation, personal organisation and ability to see the critical path.
* Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment.
* A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes.
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred.
* Driving Licence.
* Ability to manipulate/visualise CAD geometry in a CAD system
* Previous experience in Body Engineering, Corrosion, Static sealing and adhesive systems environments would be beneficial as would experience of mechanical engineering
* Ability to manipulate/visualise CAD geometry in Catia V6 and Enovia.
* An appreciation Design FMEA, DRBFM process, Design Verification and Validation (RMDV2), PSW, JIRA and AIMS processes are desirable in conjunction with experience of Forward Model Quality strategies.
* Experience of working within an Agile organisation.
* Working within an APQP framework to deliver parts.
* An understanding of Engineering Standards and Test Procedures
Contact Name: Land Rover Jaguar