Location - Manchester
Contract type - Permanent
Salary - £49,226.52 to £57,014.88 *see candidate pack for more details
Please note this role will accept - Full time (36 hours per week), Job share, Flexible working, Part-time, Condensed hours
Closing date for applications - 21st August 2022
Government Digital Service supports Digital Data Recruitment for other government departments. For this role, you will be working for the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
What you'll do
The Lead Infrastructure Engineer will play a pivotal role in raising the level of ICT services offered. The Lead Infrastructure Engineer will be a senior member of the IT Services team and will be capable of making significant decisions alone, based on a sound analytical approach. You will lead the design and implementation of our technology strategy, by championing ICT change and digital transformation as we increase our utilisation and reliance on cloud platforms and services.
You will be:
- Implementing ongoing technology change and transformation, initially focussing on our move to Microsoft 365 and Teams, through the application of good people and leadership skills and a broad and deep knowledge and experience of applicable IT technologies
- Acting in the capacity of technical design authority for the EHRC, working closely with business partners, peers and key internal stakeholders across the business as well as our strategic IT service providers and external partners to deliver robust changes on time and to cost and quality standards.
- Being an advocate for change and working with all internal groups to ensure they are able to realise the benefits from new services and finding solutions to business problems where possible.
- Playing a key role in incident management and problem resolution, tackling complex issues and seeking out opportunities to proactively improve the service we offer and to get best value for money from our online platforms and entitlements.
This is an exciting, yet rewarding, role directly responsible for delivering technology change which will enable our people to have access to the right digital tools in a modern hybrid working setting.
Who you are
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Experience of administering a broad range of features in Microsoft 365 ranging from information security and compliance to service management, including messaging, Teams & SharePoint, endpoints management and Azure infrastructure services.
- Knowledge of managing and maintaining Microsoft technologies including Microsoft 365 services, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange Server and SQL databases services
- Demonstrable experience of leading the design, implementation and ongoing management of a broad range of cloud and premises services, including IaaS and SaaS, preferably across the Microsoft portfolio.
- Knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining IP networks and able to define highly available, resilient, scalable and secure end to end architecture and solutions.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to research and evaluate issues and make sound recommendations for improvements.
- Experience of working with key suppliers and stakeholders and holding them to account for their deliverables, and owning performance issues through to resolution
Contact Name: GDS DDaT Recruitment Team