|Recruiter:||The Royal Parks|
|Listed on:||4th August|
|Start Date:||2022-08-04 00:00:00|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Hyde Park, London
The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are: Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James's Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other public spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our team and support our IT infrastructure. This is a permanent, full-time role working 36 hours per week.
- Competitive Salary
- 26 days' annual leave plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days after 3 years' service.
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare plan
This is fantastic opportunity for a Cisco and Microsoft certified IT professional with business continuity, disaster recovery and solid networking experience to contribute to the smooth running of our excellent organisation as we manage London's most visited parks.
Our parks attract millions of visitors, particularly for our high-profile events, so your technical support will play a vital role in our success.
So, if you have the analytic and technical knowledge we're looking for and have been waiting for an opportunity to join one of London's most prestigious and widely enjoyed organisations, then this is the perfect role for you.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will oversee our IT infrastructure including our servers and networks.
Specifically, you will provide support to both our test and production servers as well as providing technical advice and direction for the implementation and monitoring of our networked servers.
Using your knowledge of Virtualisation, Networking, Windows Server, and Linux technologies, you will carry out a range of day-to-day, project driven and IT development initiative related tasks.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage hardware and software lifecycles
- Support corporate back-up and recovery plan
- Ensure the overall network meets our security requirements
To be considered as a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will need:
- Experience in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Testing, Scheduling and Policy
- Experience of IT networking (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, WLAN Switches, Routers, Firewalls, PoE, Fibre optic networks, Client/server)
- Client device support experience (desktops, laptops, smart devices, etc.)
- Experience of Windows 10 deployment including application deployment and packaging
- Experience of managing Windows Server 2016, MS SQL Server 2012 and clustering services
- Experience in Active Directory, Directory Services, Certificate Services and NPS
- Administration experience of Office365
- To be a Cisco Certified Network Associate (or similar)
- To be a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server 2016
- To be Microsoft 365 Fundamentals certified
- A degree (or equivalent) in a computer related subject
Ideally, you will have experience and ability to design, develop and implement infrastructure components and services.
Experience of creating policies and procedures relevant to the support and maintenance of the network, servers and databases would be beneficial, as would experience of software licensing and maintenance contracts agreement and management.
Experience of defining and implementing security strategies including password policies, system updates and patching, threat protection, and device management would also be an advantage. Experience of backup strategy implementation (with hands-on experience of VMware SRM and Veeam) would be equally favourable, as would the following: Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate, VMware Certified Professional and/or Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator.
Other organisations may call this role Senior IT Support Engineer, Senior IT Engineer, Senior Network Engineer, Senior Support Desk Engineer, IT Engineer, or Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Senior Technical Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.