AWE is on a journey to revolutionise our data, business intelligence and analytics? platform to enable the integration and automation of data across pan systems. We are looking for a driven, dynamic, collaborative forward-thinking candidate for the role of an O365 Governance and Applications Business Intelligence Solution Analyst and Data Modeller. You will design, lead, and deliver Reporting, Insights & Automation (RIA) Solutions whilst maintaining Master Data Governance (MDG) and the Integration of data between systems and platform through analysis of organisational data to translate business needs into enduring, tangible, reusable, and strategically based data models.
Location: Reading/ Basingstoke area
Salary: £55,000 - £85,000 (dependent on skills and experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus a 9-day fortnight (9DF)
Successful Candidates accountabilities will include but not restricted to:
- Evaluate and measure organisational data and related flows from business applications and transactional data to enable accurate, automated, and up-to-date reporting.
- Understand the narrated data sets from the organisation and their relationships with other transactional databases through exceptional communication, abstract thinking, and a conceptual thinking.
- Define and govern data modelling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models. Oversee and govern the expansion of existing data architecture in line with the IS strategy and collaboration with programmes as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Transform the logical representation of the model into a physical representation and work with database administrators to instantiate and manage the data, to ensure that it serves the needs of the business application and its consumers.
- Troubleshoot, optimise, and update logical and physical data and metadata models to support new and existing projects. Liaise and implement opportunities for reuse of data models from database and SQL scripts.
- Design, implement, and document data architecture and data modelling solutions. These solutions support enterprise information management, business intelligence, machine learning, data science and other business interests.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and an open-minded mentality for new ideas
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Proficiency in understanding data and doing data modelling, profiling, and validation
- Familiarity with database management systems and data warehouse technologies
All Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
Contact Name: AWE