The IPO is a modern organisation which depends on its IT services to operate and innovate effectively. In order to provide up to date services to our customers both nationally and internationally systems need to be developed, improved and maintained. You will have the opportunity to work on the latest cutting edge cloud technologies, use modern delivery processes and work on innovative projects some including the use of AI and ML. Working alongside experts in their fields you will have the opportunity to make valuable contributions without compromising on quality.
You will need the appetite to learn new technologies and methodologies for delivering high quality IT services. In this role you will work within a multi-disciplined squad using several technologies to build enterprise grade services. You will be expected to be proactive and take accountability for the squad assigned deliveries as well as mentoring and coaching team members. The role will also require the investigation, diagnosis and fix of any system issues. A Lead Test Engineer is expected to contribute to the technical strategy for the department. Formal line management duties also form the key duties of this role.
As a multi-skilled individual, you will have the opportunities to develop and mature skills in a core role but extend this to skills typically aligned to other role types. You will have a high level of input in defining which additional skills you can develop.
This role is advertised nationally with the option of remote working or Informal hybrid working arrangements.
The balance between workplace and homeworking is to be agreed with the line manager. Currently it is anticipated you will be required to attend your workplace for at least 4 days per year. When office attendance is required, this will be at our Newport office.
To be eligible for full remote working, certain criteria needs to be met. We would encourage candidates to discuss the working arrangements for this role with us during the recruitment process.
- Identify and manage problems, incidents, risks and issues
- Build automated tests to support our continuous deployment environments using the technology of choice
- Responsible for test case design and execution of manual test cases
- Contribute to the design, coding, testing and documentation of small scale to large, complex or mission critical programs
- Implement toolkits and APIs for purposes such as integration, performance optimisation, security and scalability
- Responsible for ensuring that the team test and build activities follow agreed governance and processes
- Proactively apply HMG IA technical security controls according to ISO 27001 & the Security Policy Framework (SPF)
- Understanding yourself to be a leader (and the impact of your behaviour on others in a project team focused on results)
- Some formal line management duties
- Share knowledge and expertise with your wider team, becoming a role model within the organisation, champion our culture of learning, development, cross-company collaboration and teamwork
- Engaging Stakeholders (for mutually beneficial collaborative relationships outside of the team)
- Work across several multi-disciplinary teams to deliver highly focused and successful digital services
- Provide project / delivery management support when required
- Effective management and delegation of tasks within the team
- Applies "progress over perfection" principle
- Takes full responsibility for decisions and delivers
- Inner composure, recovers quickly from setbacks and learns from the experience
- Highly driven & inspires others to move things along and make things happen
For further information around the job description of the role, please refer to the attached role profile.
For further information around the responsibilities of the role, please refer to the attached role profile.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together
- Developing Self and Others
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Please refer to the technical skills outlined in the attached role profile.
Working in the IPO Digital Teams: A dedicated Academy team to support individuals ongoing personal and career development. Specialist support also includes:
- Unlimited Pluralsight video learning access
- Access to Microsoft's ESI training suite
- Trainer-led learning through Civil Service Learning and our training partners
- Diverse and varied job shadowing & development opportunities
- Substantial support for career progression mechanisms, interview technique, coaching & mentoring and much more
Benefits of working with the wider IPO:
- A very generous pension scheme with 27.1% - 27.9% employer Further information can be found around the benefits of joining the Civil Service can be found via the Civil Service Pension Scheme page.
- The opportunity to form part of our many inclusive network groups, find out more on Inclusive Features at the IPO.
- A variety of support functions including our excellent Staff Counselling Service which is a source of support for all staff at the IPO
- A flexible working scheme which has no core hours and excellent opportunities for home, part-time and term-time working;
- Eligibility for special and office-wide bonus payments
- Excellent development opportunities
- Opportunities for secondments, both internal and external
- Opportunities to join many civil-service clubs such as the Sports and Social Association, Motoring Club (CSMA), which provide numerous discounts to members
When working at the Concept house, newport the following benefits are also available:
- A limited number of free car parking spaces are available on site
- On-site facilities including gymnasium, shop, restaurant
Please note that benefits may be subject to change.
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.