Our client is one of the largest media communications groups in the world. A fantastic employer, with a great reputation and leading the way with innovative thinking and technology. They believe that their clients' competitive advantage lies in understanding people better and acting on that understanding faster than the competition. The future lies in bringing together media, creativity, and data to create powerful experiences that will drive faster growth.
The Data & Analytics Director is responsible for driving digital, data and analytical projects that will influence the media plan and performance across a portfolio of clients. You will have three overarching responsibilities that directly relate to our core growth pillars and internal expectations framework: growth for the client, growth for your team and growth for the agency.
- Delivering marketing effectiveness, through identifying business problems and providing data-driven solutions across macro (top-down modelling) and micro analytics (bottom-up performance analytics).
- Support clients in understanding the contribution of commerce media plans to commerce outcomes via retail partners.
- Developing and owning measurement roadmaps inclusive of data modelling, measurement frameworks, reporting visualisations, automated dashboards, attribution, brand measurement. You will ensure KPIs are identified and tracked to measure the success of media campaigns.
- Working with the other internal technical teams and clients to design data and analytics reporting outputs through the utilisation of the in-house reporting platform.
- Responsible for a team of analysts to ensure data ingestion, centralisation, transformation and visualisation are accurate and insightful.
- Accountable for ensuring data is used effectively in all aspects of the client's media business, and for driving innovative use cases of data across the team
- Work as a thought leader when it comes to new applications and uses of data for the client
- Partner with internal data scientists to apply advanced analytics techniques (predictive modelling, natural language processing, computer vision) to inform media strategy and activation for client
- Identify opportunities to use new data offerings and media strategies to enhance media performance; partner with key vendors and internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for custom research, pilot/test new measurement platforms
- Deliver client-facing presentations covering such topics as multi-media reach, multi-touch attribution, the future of measurement and data modelling.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You will have:
- Detail oriented and driven to deliver quality work, going above and beyond when needed to meet client deadlines
- Expertise in online and offline performance media with experience working directly with clients to deliver marketing transformation fuelled by data
- Experience working directly with clients to deliver marketing transformation fuelled by data
- Background in media performance reporting, optimizations
- Strong analytics skills, with the ability to glean insights from measurement infrastructure (GA web analytics, ad server data, adtech, martech etc.).
- In-depth experience analysing, interpreting, and visualising data
- Expertise in data applications, offerings in the industry with the ability to leverage this knowledge to benefit the client
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team across departments while building a relationship with clients
- Consulting or strategy background
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong presentation and story-telling skills
- Experience developing and managing a team of analysts
- A true passion for making a difference internally and for our client's business
- Highly organised and high attention to detail
The position offers up to £70k pa for the right person, along with some awesome benefits and fun, innovative and open office space. The company offers genuine opportunities to learn and develop your career. Hybrid, flexible working is available.