Job Title: SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER/ PROGRAMME MANAGER
Location: Home Based
Salary: Competitive + Bonus
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
About the role; As a Senior Project Manager/Programme Manager you will be responsible for leading and delivering multiple IT projects of various size, complexity, and risk. Responsible for the planning and effective delivery of projects using TSG's product management methodology, ensuring that internal & external customer communication is maintained at all times. You must have the ability to effectively monitor and manage all delivery aspects of a project's implementation to ensure that the projects are completed to the required standard of excellence.
In addition, you will be a strong leader with a flexible mindset, a skilled and experienced practitioner, able to confidently apply and tailor Waterfall / Agile techniques where appropriate. You will have a demonstrable track record of delivering technology driven business transformation projects.
This is a home-based role; however, we are looking for you to be within close travelling distance from one of our offices in Glasgow, Newcastle upon Tyne or London for regular collaboration time.
Why should I work for TSG?
It is our people that make TSG what it is and a great place to work. We put a lot of work in to creating a trusted, open, fair culture and as a result, we have been named as one of the 'UKs Top 100 Best Large Companies' and one of the 'Top 50 Technology Companies' to work for. In addition, we have been awarded a 2-star accreditation for 'Outstanding' employee engagement.
- Our open and honest culture where feedback is taken on-board and acted upon
- The monthly wellbeing check-ins we complete with all staff and the support provided off the back of those where needed
- Our social events. In addition to regular virtual quizzes and other ad hoc team building events, we launched the very first 'TSG Festival' in 2021, Team TSG's feedback was so positive that we have another amazing all staff festival arranged for 2022
- Two paid CSR days per annum that you can use towards giving something back
- Our charity fundraising - TSG have raised over £20,000 in the last 2 years for our current chosen charity Mental Health UK. We have also recently launched our very own 'TSG Foundation'
- Our responsibility as a business to the environment as we are working towards becoming a net carbon zero business
- Flexible working policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Excellent progression opportunities, training and support, including recognised qualifications
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Liaise with project schedulers to ensure the consultants assigned to deliver the project have the appropriate skills and experience
- Organise and conduct pre project meetings
- Promote TSG's Methodology ensuring a full and accurate scope is signed by a customer before commencing a project, produce detailed project plans with clear responsibilities and clearly defined requirements of work that is both in and out of scope, reviewing and managing change control and producing highlight reports
- Ensure that all 'closed' projects have a relevant 'signed' project sign-off document
- Work with Microsoft practice leaders to plan resource requirements for project delivery
- Documentation of key changes to a project
- Identify, monitor, and maximise the revenue from variation orders throughout the projects
- Accurately record project information in CRM
- Highlight, document, and process change requests for additional out of scope items
- Maintain regular communication involving all stakeholders within the project which will include weekly project reviews and reporting
- Coordinate handover to support following completion of the project
Knowledge, Skills & Experience;
- Project management qualifications such as PRINCE2 or equivalent experience demonstrated
- IT Qualifications are also an advantage but not essential
- Confident in the use of Waterfall / Agile techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An effective people manager who leads from the front
- Strong decision-making skills
- Good IT product knowledge, including the Microsoft product stack
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Service and Customer focused
- Continuous Improvement- ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Must have a valid UK driving licence
- Proven project management experience essential
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays
- Life assurance 4 x Salary
- Contributory pension scheme at 4% matched
- Perkbox discounts
- Paid CSR Days
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Home-based and hybrid opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.
Contact Name: Bluetown Online