We are recruiting for an IT Business Relationship Manager whose primary role will be consulting with the business to translate their business problems into systems solutions. This role will serve as the strategic interface between the IS Organisation and the AWE business functions to stimulate, surface and shape business demand for IS products and services and ensure that the potential business value from those products and services is captured, realised, optimised, and recognised. The BRM plays a key role in working with and challenging Senior stakeholders to produce credible and robust Business propositions, by leveraging their broad understanding of IT knowledge, in partnership with our IS SMEs. Strong negotiation and mature consulting skills are vital to this role.
Location - Reading area
£55,000 - £65,000
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year including bank holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Accountable for developing and maintaining effective relationships with business partners.
- Gaining an understanding of business drivers and key events, and align the provision of IS services accordingly.
- Leads the IS function in the development and negotiation of annual commitments; thereafter acts as proxy customer within IS to stimulate to the delivery of agreed initiatives.
- Contributes to business strategic planning and road mapping; influence business partner strategy through awareness of IS services and new technology capabilities; influence IS service development through awareness of business partner direction.
- Achieves excellence in communication and engagement.
- Maintains and promotes high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Creation and maintenance of roadmaps which describe the key business drivers, and the IS services that will be provided in response.
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships; a trusted member of the business partner unit.
- Increasing awareness within business partners of IS products and services, and how these can support the business now and in the future.
- Facilitate productive stakeholder connections and mobilize projects and programs; active engagement rather than passive response.
What you'll need:
- A strong understanding of IS or IT environments
- This role would be suitable for/appeal to someone with IT Solutions/Business Architecture or IT Product Management experience
- BRMI Qualification would be beneficial
- Proven track record of building and sustaining strong business relationships with internal stakeholders
- Strong business & commercial acumen would be beneficial
All Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
Contact Name: AWE