|Recruiter:||Jaguar Land Rover|
|Listed on:||25th July|
|Salary/Rate:||£42,000 - £52,000|
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
What to expect
This role will focus on the development and delivery of IT system technologies, methods and toolsets including research and deployment of new IT tools and knowledge into the Materials Engineering department at Gaydon.
Main areas of responsibility are the development of the departments Granta MI materials database (including data input, data export, PLM integration and reporting tools), development of software and scripts for test data extraction and analysis and working with JLRs IT systems to deliver and extract the relevant data that Materials Engineering team and its customers require through tools such as Tableau, Power apps and SharePoint.
* To develop and deploy the IT technologies, data analysis tools and database tools required by Materials Engineering to support the Product Development Tech Centre
* To develop and deploy test data management tools and processes to improve robustness and reduce time spent managing data and technical reports.
* To develop and deploy toolset integration with JLRs PLM toolsets to deliver the required material property data into PLM and report out materials usage on vehicle programmes.
* Provide technical expertise in IT technologies, JLR IT systems and tools and processes to Materials Engineering colleagues.
* Keep up with current and developing JLR IT Toolsets and strategies.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience in data storage and database development
* Analytical skills including the ability to conduct research into new technologies and tools to deliver enhanced data processing and storage tools
* Significant Python programming and software development experience
* Some Microsoft VBA scripting experience
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
* Demonstrated ability to document code and releases via toolsets such as bitbucket
* Ability to effectively explain complex ideas in a simple way, confidently presenting these to senior stakeholders
* Some experience of Granta MI database software
* Some experience of XML and XSLT language
* Some experience of Tableau analytics software
* Some experience of basic website development using SharePoint
* CAE software material card data definition and syntax
* Some background in end user acceptance testing or validation
Contact Name: Land Rover Jaguar
Job ID: 3121419