Reporting to the Head of Data, the role of the Senior Azure Data Engineer will be pivotal in leading the overall technical implementation of the modern data architecture as well as leading the transition and integration of data, controls, and services to the new platform. This role will also be responsible for ensuring all new enterprise development aligns to the new data architecture principles laid out. The Senior Azure Data Engineer will work closely with the new Data Architect role to align all IT and Data projects to the Data Strategy and the future state data architecture.
As we continue to scale our data capabilities, we are looking for data evangelists who know how to make an impact and know how to create and deliver business value. We are searching for individuals who consider themselves self-starting professionals who thrive in an environment primed for innovation and change, who can lead us into the future. We seek specialists who are passionate about data who are ready to bring their experience to build a data-driven culture.
- Build data ingestion pipelines using ADF to extract data from various sources and load into Azure Data Lake
- Assist in building up of the current landscape with more data elements.
- Prepare notebooks and complex Python, SQL views and stored procedures, stored procs in Azure SQL DW/Azure Synapse.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions that will meet the needs of the business and deliver value.
- Performance Tuning of Spark SQL running on DELTA LAKE storage
- Build conceptual and logical models based on the functional flow of business in a scalable mode.
- Propose and develop data solutions to enable effective decision-making, driving business objects or addressing the enterprise integration requirements.
- Analyze the data quality, align technical design to data governance, address all the required non-business but operational requirements during the design and build of data pipelines.
- Maintain and manage code with Azure DevOps..
- Work directly with Business leadership and Application SMEs to understand the requirement and analyzing the source to fulfill the requirement and ensure the landscape conforms to supporting all business needs in a scalable, stable and efficient manner.
- Provide Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing solutions and support by leveraging project standards and leading analytics platform.
- Evaluate and define functional requirements for BI and DW solutions.
- Expert and key point of contact between the data analyst, data scientists and the business/application teams
- Assist in building up of the current landscape with more data elements
- Work with an on-shore / off-shore model.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Azure Data Engineer that exhibits a passion for data and is ready to take on the challenge of realizing the Data Strategy and helping us to become a data-driven organization.
- 10+ years of experience working in an senior developer role, with very close alignment to Data Strategy initiatives and driving business value through the delivery of application and data technology.
- Knowledge of data modelling
- Experienced with industry leading cloud-based IT and data technologies and end user tools demonstrating expertise with Microsoft Azure and Power BI.
- Knowledge of implementing modern data platforms that will provide advanced analytical, self service capabilities.
- Demonstrate skills in using technology to transform data landscapes to deliver mission critical data, at the highest quality across multiple business channels.
- Experience in implementing modern data architectures that will define and deliver data as an asset.
- Skilled at leading delivery teams through data modernization implementations.
- Exceptional data analysis and data profiling skills.
- Good understanding of Azure and BLOB Storage.
- Experience working on Data bricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse and other Azure data solutions ecosystems.
- Proven experience leading firm wide data technology transformations.
- Exceptional leadership and collaboration to work with business domains, peer groups and technologists.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas across various levels of the organization.
- Experience working in the Financial Services and/or Private Equity sector would be beneficial.
- Well versed with working in an agile methodology.
- Knowledge of data modelling elements.
Nice to have:
- Strong understanding on Data Warehousing, Data Model, Data Validation, Data Migration.
- Understanding of PBI Data Flows, Data Sets, report and dashboard development.
- Integration between various Power Platform offerings.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Must comply with pre-employment screening, including background check
Contact Name: Brennan Warnick