We are searching for an IT Support Technician for our client, you will be working as part of a busy IT Service Management team, and you will provide 1st and 2nd line IT support both locally and remotely across their entire estate.
- Receive, log, monitor and respond in a timely manner to Service Requests across all communication channels.
- Take end to end ownership of Service Records, making sure all relevant stakeholders are informed of actions undertaken.
- Ensure the Service Knowledge Management System is kept up to date at all times.
- Escalate complex and high priority Service Records to both internal and external teams in line with agreed processes.
- Provide a customer-centric interface for all users of IT systems and external parties where applicable.
- Keep abreast of any modern technologies that may be implemented by the business to maintain expert knowledge to uphold ability to provide support.
- Provide support to IT projects as and when required.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the IT Service Manager and other senior members of staff within IT as required.
- Career driven and keen to progress within IT.
- Previous experience of working in a busy IT support provision.
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role.
- Support knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, and Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of how to troubleshoot desktop network issues.
- Demonstrable analytical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communicative skills.
- Full clean driving license.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft System Center.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Services.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft 365 Admin Center and Azure Active Directory.
- Degree level qualification or similar.
- ITIL exposure and awareness.
- Monday - Thursday: 07:30 - 16:30
- Friday: 07:30 - 12:30
- Occasional out of hours support
The role is being offered with a competitive salary and benefits package, including a good holiday allowance (31.5 days), pension, insurances and much, much more.
IT Support Technician, 1st Line, 2nd Line, Service Requests, Service Knowledge Management System, Windows Server, Desktop Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Internet Information Services, Microsoft 365 Admin Center, Azure Active Directory, ITIL.
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Bowerford Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Contact Name: Matthew Alford