Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: West Yorkshire
Contract Duration: 12 Months, likely to be extended
Contract Hourly Rate: £40-£60 per hour
IR35 Determination: INSIDE
Hybrid Work Arrangement: 4 or 3 days onsite and rest work home
Weekly Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week (9.00am - 5.00pm) Monday to Friday with flexi time
Annual Leave: 25 days + 8 Bank Holidays
Premier Group Recruitment Ltd are working with a long standing established and extremely successful engineering leading organization based in West Yorkshire who’re now seeking to recruit for a brand new and skilled Contract Embedded Software Engineer to join the business on an exciting 12 month contract basis that is highly likely to be extended.
This Embedded Software Engineering contract vacancy is INSDE IR35.
Working from home policy: The successful Contract Embedded Software Engineer will need to work 4 or 3 days onsite and rest work from home. This is due to working with a team for hardware and software expert engineers that do the same hybrid WFH policy.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment for product lines.
- Triage, analyze and fix issues raised against the software running on the embedded system following the processes
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
The successful Embedded Software Engineer will need to have the following skills:
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required
- 3-5+ years industry experience
- Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery
- Excellent knowledge & experience in C/C++ programming in an embedded environment
- Experience in use of Python desirable
- Experienced in working in a Linux development environment
- Knowledge & experience of Linux kernel
- Experience of Linux device drivers and Networking is highly desirable
- Expertise in Linux system internals in an embedded application
- Confident in development and use of Makefiles
- Version Control Systems - GIT, JIRA, Bitbucket or similar
- Ability to read electronic schematics and component datasheets
- Experience of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth stacks preferred
- Experience of DVB Digital Video standards preferred
- Background of working with video products is desirable
If you are interested in the above Contract Embedded Software Engineering role and think you have the skills and experience required as a Contract Embedded Software Engineer
, please don’t hesitate to apply. Any questions, please contact Frank Kanjanda on Click here to contact this recruiter or call [Telephone number removed]
for more information. Not for you but know someone who may be interested? We do offer up to £500 upon placement of successful referrals!
Contact Name: Frank Kanjanda