Fibre Enablement Project Manager
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
FTTP Enablement Manager - Inside IR35 - Hybrid working
Our client is looking for an Enablement Manager to be responsible for ensuring the success of our exchange technology roll out. Leading and owning the exchange infrastructure readiness for space, power and cooling, working with various partners to align the enablement with the fibre deployment plan. The role also owns the relationship between the regional build teams and the Network Investment team, managing stakeholder expectations and acting as the SME/SPOC for end to end alignment - from an exchange starting the process to being handed over to the regions for commissioning.
What I'll be doing - your accountabilities
* Accountable for the delivery of all enablement activities within the exchange for Fibre Build programmes (Headend/ODF/OTH).
* Working in close partnership with end to end teams involved in Fibre Build programmes - to ensure they meet their commitments and deliver on time.
* Owning the relationship and workstack that we put into Technology in order to prioritise and jeopardy manage enablement activities.
* Understanding, calling, and mitigating risks and opportunities in relation to delivery of the Fibre Build programmes nationally, working with the relevant pan teams to resolve or maximize regional issues/opportunities within the exchange environment.
* Tracking and reporting against all exchange enablement activities.
* Business partnering support for operational teams to ensure they get the enablers they need to be successful
* Managing a small team of team members - raising, tracking and jeopardy managing tasks.
* The exchange SME on all exchange infrastructure for FND.
* Programme and project management.
* Financial acumen and ability to manage cost, budget, risks and ops
* Strong network knowledge, primarily exchange based technology.
* Delivery focused with experience of delivering fast paced critical programmes of work.
* Stakeholder management at all levels of organisation.
* Risk and prioritisation skills.
* Ability to clearly communicate requirements and progress.
* Data literate - must be able to take data to understand focus areas and drive programme.
* Escalation where enablers are not in place
* Programme prioritisation and what to focus the regional attention on based on delivery of enablement
* Risk levels and when to intervene/how to mitigate
* Decisions about risks and ops mitigations and corrective actions required working with regions and pan teams
* The best way to manage and report on progress nationally
Key skills are -
* Programme and project management skills - your level of personal organisation and ability to lead lots of small exchange enablement projects concurrently will be key to being successful at this role.
* Excel - our reporting at present is excel based - being able to manage and maintain a relatively complex volume of data sources and consolidating this into a coherent view will make you successful at this role.
* Stakeholder management skills - you will be managing lots of complex and demanding stakeholders and as a result you will need to be competent at stakeholder management.
* A basic understanding of our FTTP build, and ideally a baseline understanding of what we enable in an exchange - do not be put off if you do not have this - all we need is a desire to learn this and be brilliant at understanding and explaining it to your many stakeholders.
Please send in an up-to-date CV
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.