|Recruiter:||Jaguar Land Rover|
|Listed on:||1st July|
|Salary/Rate:||£42,000 - £52,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
What to expect
This role is within the Fixed Glazing department within Body Engineering reporting to the departmental Group Leader with matrix reporting to the Programme Module Leader operating as a Lead Engineer with Programme Module Sub-Team (PMST) responsibilities. The components that the fixed glazing & IRVM team are responsible for are front windscreen, backlight, sixth light & interior rear view mirrors and covers and a Lead Engineer would be expected to manage one or more of these components on a programme depending on content.
The role will focus on leading the Engineering Design, Development and Delivery of the fixed glazing for Jaguar and Land Rover on New or On-going Program Development (OPD) programmes through to Launch at the Manufacturing plant achieving Supplier Parts Submission Warrant (PSW) in line with programme timing (PCS).
* Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS)
* Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (ADPQ) deliverables
* Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
* Manage vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
* Resolve issues with component engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
* Ensure all appropriate JLR standards are met through-out design maturation
* Provide input into new feature development
* Liaison with the Design Studio and Suppliers to deliver feasible solutions.
* Keep all Module documentation up to date including:Meeting minutes
* Agile documentation such as JIRA
* Foundation and Programme Design analysis documents
* Quality history and bill of design
* RMDV (Requirement and Test Planning)
* Bill of Materials
* Product Design Specifications (PDS) and Engineering Statement of Work (ESOW)
* Completion of Evidence Based Engineering Reviews (EBER) on time
* Lead regular internal Design reviews during the Virtual Series phase and major milestone reviews with the department core team.
* Support prototype builds and production builds both within the UK and at overseas locations.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with influencing and engagement skills.
* High level of drive and self-motivation, personal organisation and ability to see the critical path.
* Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment.
* A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes.
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred.
* Driving Licence.
* Ability to manipulate/visualise CAD geometry in CATIA V5, CATIA V6, Teamcenter, Digibuck and Enovia
* Previous experience within engineering departments.
* Ability to manipulate/visualise CAD geometry in Catia V5/TCE/Digibuck.
* A good knowledge of automotive glazing systems &/or interior rear view mirrors and covers, & BIW.
* Experience of working within an Agile organisation
* Working within an APQP framework to deliver parts
REQ ID: 90109
JOB TITLE: Lead Engineer
SALARY: £42,000 - £52,000
POSTING END DATE: 22/07/2022