|Recruiter:||Jaguar Land Rover|
|Listed on:||1st July|
|Salary/Rate:||£42,000 - £52,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
What to expect
This role is at an Attribute level Owner for the Climate team. Working from a customer level requirement down to sub-system and component - including the interaction (fixing points) etc..
Once the targets have been set for each propulsion method (background noise level in consideration) and the different use cases considered, create a test process for assessment that meets Gauge R&R.
Work with the component and Program LE's to deliver BIC NHV performance at the lowest cost and support issue resolution.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Manage the delivery of NVH solutions within Climate Attribute group across the range of Jaguar Land Rover architectures and vehicles.
• Generate system targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
• Contribute to the delivery of the NVH solutions onto all programmes, this should be done in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems.
• Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
• Work with Research Engineering to identify new technologies and ensure proposals are concept ready for the next program to adopt.
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
• Requirements Management (RM)
• Good verbal and written communications
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
• Full driving licence
• Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Experience and knowledge in Refrigeration and cooling thermodynamic/thermofluid principles
• Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
• Experience in Model-based Systems Engineering, SysML using IBM Rational Rhapsody
• Experience in requirements capature using IBM Rational DOORS
• Experience in using control system design tools such as Matlab Simulink
• Willingness to be involved with overseas testing. Note: Typical testing locations in which thermal test Engineers may have to operate, depending on vehicle program and activities: UK, Europe, Sweden, USA, UAE
• Class 3 and 4PG driver training level (JLR internal process), or equivalent. Area will support internal process