We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Network Engineer to play an active role within one of the world's leading aerospace supplier of systems and components.
In this role, you will become a member of a Network Infrastructure team that maintains and supports the company's network, firewall, and other connection systems. You will be responsible for configuring, installing, and maintaining a stable, efficient, and secure data centre and network infrastructure.
Role & Responsibilities:
- As needed, provide break/fix technical help, including occasional "out-of-hours" support.
- Deploy hardware as needed, such as switches, wireless access points, and UPS.
- Schedule routine maintenance as needed to install, patch, or upgrade network technologies.
- Ensure the network's perimeter security and protection.
- Work on initiatives such as the deployment of new infrastructure and system improvements.
- Working to improve network security, performance, and dependability on an ongoing basis.
- Using appropriate tools, monitor and alert on local and wide area network performance.
- Contribute to an integrated infrastructure that will allow data to be shared between all computer platforms, both inside the firm and externally
- Ensure that all documentation is kept up to date, and provide training to the Service Desk personnel as needed.
- Extensive network engineering experience
- Cisco Switching, Wireless and Routing
- Experience of web traffic and filtering
- Firewall configuration and management
- Experience of using online ticketing systems in accordance with formal change control processes
Would be nice to have:
- CCNA Cisco accreditation
- Palo Alto Certified Network Security Administrator accreditation
- Experience gained from a manufacturing environment
- Experience of Palo Alto firewalls
- Experience of Cisco ISE and Cisco Umbrella
- Telephony system experience such as VOIP
- Experience of Pulse Secure appliances