Role: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Birmingham - Remote
Salary: £60-70k Neg DOE
Premier Group are currently engaged with a large established client in the Birmingham area, who require a Senior Network Engineer to join their team due to internal promotion. This candidate will work closely with a team of engineers across a broad range of technical areas.
The successful Senior Network Engineer will mentor network engineers, review existing and implement new solutions within the business. You will be managing a number of network devices through the entire product lifecycle.
Senior Network Engineer - Requirements:
Senior Network Engineer
- 8+ years of related Data Centre and Enterprise LAN/WAN Environments
- Enterprise Circuit knowledge (Ethernet, SIP, and MPLS)
- Cisco Routers, Switches, Wireless Controllers, Access Points
- SD-WAN (Pref. Silver Peak)
- Ethernet, IP routing and redundancy protocols including CoS, VLANS, SVI, HSRP/VRRP/MLAG, STP, 80
- 1W, TACACS, NAC, QoS and policy-based routing, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, PBR, route redistribution, multicast audio over IP networks
- Ethernet, MPLS, bandwidth optimisation and other WAN related troubleshooting with monitoring tools (WireShark, PRTG, SolarWinds Orion NCM or equivalent SNMP and NetFlow Servers, Cisco Prime, Kiwi Syslog)
- Firewalls/ACL/Encryption/VPN technology - Cisco ASA, PAN, and associated protocols (IPSEC/GRE), AnyConnect and secure proxy functions
- Cisco Umbrella
- Internet services such as DNS, SSL, HTTP
- Microsoft Azure Networking (VNET, UDR, NSGs etc)
- Participate in regular on-call rotation as an escalation resource
- Desired Experience:
- CCNP/CCIE Routing and Switching
- VMWare, Microsoft, Palo Alto Networking certifications
If you are an experienced Senior Network Engineer
looking for a new and exciting role, then please get in touch with Sam Hayward
at Premier Group (Birmingham Office) Not for you?
Premier Group offer a referral reward of up to £500 if you can recommend a friend who we successfully place in these roles.