|Recruiter:||Jaguar Land Rover|
|Listed on:||23rd June|
|Salary/Rate:||£40,000 - £50,000|
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT :
This is an exciting opportunity for a Battery Cell Developer to join a dynamic R&D technical department focused on battery technology. The purpose of the role is to lead the Jaguar Land Rover Battery Cell Development activities for next-generation batteries for traction battery systems.
We are looking for hands-on experienced electrode Chemists to join for cell component and technical requirement development. The candidate will work and collaborate with other members in Advanced Cell Technology, R&D, Purchasing, Cell Prototyping and Commercialization.
As a Battery Cell Developer, you will focus on design optimization of cathodes, anodes, and electrolyte materials and components for performance, cost reduction, and scalability. You will also be responsible for the design concepts, design layout, formulation, and quality planning.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities :
• Deliver the next generation HV batteries by working with the leading suppliers
• Experience in Cell-Material Discovery, Material Characterization and validation, Development and Qualification of new Technologies
• In-depth understanding of Cell-Material and Manufacturing Process
• Demonstrate experience instructed problem solving within Cell-Material and Manufacturing
• Derivation of key parameters, algorithm and robust methodology for accurate cell SoC and SoH estimation; working closely with the BMS team
• Validation of SoH algorithm within HIL rigs that have live cells/modules
• Deliver knowledge capturing milestone projects including publishing of standards and test procedures
• Deliver TCDS (Technology Creation & Development System) projects to support programme delivery
• Leverage the HVM Catapult collaboration with academia and Subject Matter Experts
WHAT YOU'LL NEED :
You will plan and execute synthesis to cover the entire value stream from raw materials to finished products. This work will utilize advanced analytical methods/tools in collaboration with manufacturing and computational chemistry experts and battery material scientists to create innovative new product solutions.
The Advanced Battery Research function contributes to the development of new technologies and features for product delivery. The role will support the electrification teams in the delivery of new electric vehicle programmes as well as strategic collaborative research with key leading UK universities and external partners.
You will find the ideal balance between performance and sustainability while responding to the environmental issues that shape our industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Strong understanding and exposure to physical science, chemistry or engineering discipline relevant to electrochemical cell research and development
• Experience developing lithium-ion/lithium metal technology, applying key electrochemical techniques including galvanostatic cycling, voltammetry and EIS to drive improvement and understanding of cell performance
• Robust knowledge of electrode manufacturing, cell assembly and formation processes
• Robust knowledge of material and electrode characterization, including particle size distribution, SEM, BET, DSC/TGA, XRD, porosimetry, ionic and electronic conductivity analysis and electrode expansion
• Robust knowledge of slurry making process and determination of the rheological properties as well as knowledge of the quality control processes
• Substantial experience in the development of alternative electrolyte systems (such as gel, polymer, solid-state etc.) and a clear understanding of the challenges
• Comprehensive understanding of critical battery materials, including key trends and developments
• Extensive experience in cell failure mode analysis
• Experience in scaling cell design and production methods from small scale to pilot prototype is desirable
• Analytical skills including the ability to conduct complex research into new technologies and manufacturing systems and tools
• Ability to effectively explain complex ideas, confidently presenting these to senior stakeholders
• Experience in integrated vehicle electrical test systems and strategies and diagnostics
• Ability to use Matlab/Python for data-processing automation
• In-depth knowledge and technical expertise in specialist technologies, complex systems and tools and processes
Contact Name: Land Rover Jaguar
Job ID: 3107628