DevOps Engineer with AWS
To successfully build and deliver our next-generation cloud-hosted and cloud-native technology platforms.
You will work within product teams responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
You will support the teams to ensure that solutions and products being developed consider all functional and non-functional requirements including support, maintenance, capacity, security and with a focus on performance.
In addition, you will use your skills and experience to help implement DevOps practices across all of IT and drive the modernisation of our platform going forwards. Key accountabilities
Build and maintain production and non-production environments to ensure high availability and cost optimization
- Build and maintain continuous integration and deployment pipelines to achieve fast, effect software delivery
- Improve performance and scalability of existing systems to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure related issues to minimize incidents and achieve resolution SLAs
- Develop and document best practices for application build and deployment (CI/CD)
- Contribute to ensuring that applications perform to user expectations and are continuously improved and maintained
- Work with the Lead Software Engineers, Architecture team and the Solution Delivery teams to contribute to the on-time delivery of solutions and applications
- Obtain guidance and approval as required to advance activities and resolve issues
- Communicate regularly regarding the status of current software delivery activities, actively participating in all relevant Scrum ceremonies
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of industry best practice in the areas of software engineering and development, supporting and mentoring Solution Delivery teams where necessary
BS/MS degree in Computer Science or 4-8 years related experience
- AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin, Developer Associate.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Be confident with Infrastructure as Code and code release strategies.
- Have experience with application and infrastructure monitoring.
- Experience implementing and designing cloud native security concepts, DevSecOps, or MLOps.
- Agile development techniques and Project management (SCRUM, KANBAN etc.)
- You'll be familiar with a cloud-native approach
- You have a curiosity for new technologies and a thirst for automation, standardisation, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with individuals (internal and external) at all levels
- The ability to support people through change
- A strong problem solver and a self-starter with a 'can do' attitude.
You will speak fluent English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows
- Exceptional understanding of AWS, containerisation technology, infrastructure and strong technical design skills.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
- Automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- Azure DevOps Pipelines
- JIRA & Confluence
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
Develop platforms with scalability, security and performance in mind, leveraging the cloud.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of programming in languages such as .Net, Java, C++, Python, Ruby, Go, Swift or similar object-oriented language.
- Experience with AWS - including but not limited to EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda and CloudFormation
- Experience of SQL and Windows severs would be beneficial
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Proficient in leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployment
- An expert who can create tooling and automation which improve developer experiences and speed of delivery.
- Experienced in working in an agile environment (Scrum / Kanban).
- You'll be someone who is happy to work independently or collaboratively on multiple tasks.
Overall you are a highly motivated DevOps engineer who is passionate about writing excellent code, have strong communication skills and keen to continuously learn and share knowledge with other
The Client is happy to consider 2 days a week in the office or at a push 2 days a month.
Salary circa £60K - £80K + Benefits.
Please do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and availability.