Position: Data Modeler/Data Modelling Consultant
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months
Location: Remote based, with the occasional visit to the London office
Currently working on behalf of a Digital Transformation Consultancy who are seeking a Data Modeller to work on a long term central government project, candidates must be willing to go through BPSS clearance, which would take approx 2 weeks to process.
Day to day responsibilities
- Creating conceptual and detailed logical data models for business data systems, data lakes, data warehouses and insights products
- Eliciting, analysing and translating business needs into data requirements and long-term solution data models.
- Evaluating existing data sources and business systems and defining the scope of data that exists, identify cross-compatibility issues or system discrepancies, and any data gaps
- Working with the development team to implement the data models physically
- Define data flows and work with the development team to implement them, optimising the data through complex ETL processes and data pipelines.
- Model and design the assembly of large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Specifying data standards for physical data models, and best practices for data development, to ensure quality and consistency as systems are built around the data models
- Discuss and agree with stakeholders how to integrate data requirements with their overall business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Defining, updating, implementing or optimising metadata models and information taxonomies
- Troubleshooting and QA on data flows, and working with data developers to optimise data systems and data pipelines.
- Guiding the physical implementation of detailed data models onto cloud data platform infrastructure including AWS.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related issues and support their data platform infrastructure needs.
- Explain to stakeholders how data model choices best support their needs; show how data design choices support future flexibility and high degress of functionality in data platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, data science or a similar field, or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience with logical, physical and relational data modelling
- A background in data architecture or database design
- Expert in multiple data modelling techniques for normalised and de-normalised data, and expert in optimising data architecture for efficiency and effectiveness
- Expert in how to transform operational data into optimised analytical data sets
- Expert knowledge of metadata management and related tools.
- Knowledge of mathematical foundations and statistical analysis.
If you're interested, please send me your updated CV and I will be in touch.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.
Contact Name: Reuben Smith