As an Infrastructure Specialist you will be responsible for the day-to-day support of customers. The role will involve mainly project work but also providing support and acting upon and monitoring generated alerts, throughout the lifecycle of customers sites.
Ideally,you will have worked in a mixed operating system environment, and will have previously been involved in the full life cycle of infrastructure deployment projects, including architecture sizing through to deployment and ongoing support. You will be comfortable maintaining and supporting virtualisation technologies and will have worked in a geographically dispersed environment that incorporates public and private cloud technologies.
You will need to combine a clear commitment to customer satisfaction with technical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise. You must have the ability to communicate directly with customers both by e-mail and telephone. Where issues arise that you cannot resolve, you will then be responsible for escalations within the team, to ensure the prompt and satisfactory resolution of customer support cases.
The role will typically require:
- Involvement in the design, tender, procurement and delivery phases of new projects.
- Involvement in the installation/configuration of infrastructure for new customers, and the improvement/enhancement of existing customer deployments.
- The ability to oversee the performance of the infrastructure across the infrastructure managed services customer base and internally for in-house services.
- The ability to Monitor the performance of the servers, proactively identifying issues/abnormalities that may pose a threat to the customers service.
- The ability to review performance logs, analysing the performance, identifying trends, patterns and detecting irregular behaviour.
- Managing the monitoring solutions-setting up, updating, enhancing, modifying the parameters as the infrastructure and systems are updated and upgraded.
- Ensuring that the servers are backed up, security measures are in place, and that there is an automatic failover in the case of any server downtime.
- Proactively and reactively applying vulnerability patches to managed sites.
- Communicate with the customer to understand the underlying issue and provide timely feedback
- Work proactively with others across the company to ensure prompt resolution of support issues.
- Provide support to colleagues through knowledge sharing and promoting knowledge sharing initiatives.
While you will be educated and supported on the job, an inherent aptitude to technical problem solving will be required.
The position is office hours based in Stockport and will involve out of hours work and an oncall roster.
- Competitive salary
- Incentive schemes designed to reward individual contribution and performance
- Group personal pension plan with generous Company contributions
- Holidays - 25 days plus bank holidays
- Private Health Scheme (non-contributory for employees)
- Opportunity for international travel
- Life assurance
- Working at newly refurbished Manchester campus which includes a gym
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- A team player with a desire to learn more and train others.
- A willing communicator
- Qualified to a good degree level in any technical discipline (or to be able to show that you now possess these skills through extended experience)
- A willingness to travel to visit customer sites
- Containerisation technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Grafana and or Prometheus
- Configuration automation with Ansible
- Linux preferably Redhat/Centos
- Good Network skills (Firewalls & Switches)
- A driving license.
You can have:
- Windows Server Knowledge
- A knowledge of ITIL processes, and ideally ITIL certified
- Have worked as a Systems Administrator/Engineer/DevOPS engineer and have a minimum of 3 years' experience working with Linux.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.