The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we're one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we're entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
As a key member of the 1st line support team you will be the first point of contact for the business to log and resolve technical queries and incidents. Also be a contact point for Institutions regarding the USS Employer portal, working closely with all technical teams across the USSL and USSIM business.
• Call Logging, analysis, updating and resolution
• Assisting the Business in day to day technical issues
• Incident resolution
• Engage technicians & suppliers to resolve incidents and fulfil request
• Incident escalation and assignment
• Lifecycle Incident management to resolution.
• Review and active management of 3rd Party calls
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to ask appropriate, searching technical questions
• Able to work effectively in a team
• Excellent organisational skills
• Strong customer service ethos and skills, with attention to detail
• Practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques
• Ability to prioritise, manage and perform under varying priorities
• Has good inter-personal skills. Is practical, with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving. Accountability and ownership with a strong desire to make improvements to the way of working and the customer experience.
Experience in a customer facing IT support role with service focus
• Aids users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation of request. Maintains accurate records of user requests, contact details and outcome. Provides timely feedback and updates to users.
• Experience of an IT Service desk procedures ensuring all calls are logged, monitored and updated with emphasis on customer service.
• Following agreed procedures, receives and handles requests for support, provides information to enable problem resolution and promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate.
• Service Delivery experience with a strong background in technical and help desk activities
• Understands the significance of service level agreements and is confident in 3rd party discussions.
• Provides an effective interface between users and service providers. This interface includes documenting incidents, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
• Assists users in making more effective use of desk-top systems, products and services. Makes initial diagnosis of any problems and advises known solutions where applicable.
• IT Systems and business systems support
• Windows/iPhone support and administration
• Lync/Skype for Business
• ITIL v3 certification
• Microsoft office 365
• Hardware support & configuration - Desktop / laptop
• Has experience of ITIL processes and looks at ways to improve processes and procedures and ensures that all amendments are documented, and the knowledge base updated
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We recognise the diverse lifestyles and priorities of our employees and have reflected this in in the company's Flexible Working Framework, which, wherever possible, supports employees to find a balance that works for them whilst ensuring we always put our members' interests first.
Contact Name: USS