We seek a forward-thinking Information Services Manager to lead, motivate, develop and manage a team of people engaged in the delivery of Information, Configuration and Knowledge Management across AWE, ensuring the efficient deployment of the appropriate skilled resources to achieve deliverables and meet service requirements.
Information Services Line Manager
Location: Reading/ Basingstoke area
Salary: (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body
- AWE Life Insurance
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Providing appropriate visible management and leadership to a team of people engaged in Information, Configuration and Knowledge activities in accordance with company processes and to enable the delivery of high performance.
- Building, developing and coaching the team and individual Information, Configuration and Knowledge professionals to provide services covering a range of requirements across AWE.
- Managing the performance and development of individuals and the team to provide the skills required to ensure continuity of service delivery and manage talent to enable succession arrangements.
- Being involved in the recruitment process of new staff including interviewing
- Allocating staff to projects, services and tasks, managing workloads and staff availability issues as well as individual capability.
- Ensuring the team have all the necessary competencies to meet the requirements of the tasks assigned and that the right skills and capabilities are developed within their team to provide resilience.
- Building sound working relationships with Task Managers and the team's customer community in order to gain feedback and in understanding customer satisfaction levels.
Though not to be considered a check list, candidates would benefit from knowledge/experience of ANY of the following:
- Previous experience in leading multi-skilled teams of IS professionals
- Some experience within Information Services ideally with Information, Configuration or Knowledge Management
Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- A recognised Management qualification.
All Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
Contact Name: AWE