An established company have a new opportunity for a highly skilled R&D Technical Manager to head up the Analog IC Design activities in this newly created design centre in Scotland’s Semiconductor hub of Edinburgh.
In this role you will have a key role in the development of next generation amplifier products. You will be helping to lead high end MEMs innovation and product development with direct responsibility for ASIC innovation in a diverse R&D engineering team and will be responsible for leading and building up a team to work on class D amplifiers with inductive boosters for mobile phone applications.
- Direct management of a team leading research and design in amplifier products.
- Collaboration with other engineering teams in both local level and foreign countries to ensure product components are defined and designed to meet requirements.
- Establish infrastructure to complete design work - design environment, PDK
- ASIC definition, architecture, design, layout and test to guarantee a successful product.
- Co-ordinate planning of devices to meet specification and project schedule.
- Identification of risks and issues during product development.
- Design documentation and reviews.
Other requirements are as follows:
- Masters or Doctorate degree with minimum 10 years of experience in CMOS class D amplifiers.
- Good vision and experience of the entire Analog and digital CMOS design flow from concept to production.
- Proven track record in design and characterisation of Analog and Mixed-Signal functions.
- Leadership and communication skills to work with cross functional engineering teams.
- Willingness to develop innovative circuit design solutions.
- Ability to mentor other engineers, with good communication skills within a multi-national working environment
- Successfully lead and completed at least 3 cycles amplifier related projects - ideally on class D products.
- Occasional overseas business travelling will be required.
Competitive salary is on offer and the chance to be part of a new team with exciting product developments in the Audio arena. Contact Leon at IC Resources today on [Telephone number removed]