Reports To: Senior Trading Manager
Location: Poole, Dorset
We are a fast-growing, family owned B2B marketer of workplace supplies in the UK, established in 2000. With over 30 market-leading business units across several niches in first aid, medical, hygiene, health & safety, facilities management, signage, and outdoor furniture, we competitively market over 20,000 products through catalogues, our own ecommerce sites and various marketplaces. We operate on a UK-wide basis from our offices in sunny Poole, Dorset.
A core part of our mission statement is to ‘create a challenging, rewarding and exciting workplace where our staff can thrive and prosper’.
During the Covid-19 crisis, our business has been able to help keep the UK’s schools, businesses and hospitality establishments supplied with the products they need to meet their Covid-secure obligations. We are now actively searching for more career-driven marketers to join our team and continue to grow our business.
We are an innovative product-driven business for who ‘build, test, learn, improve’ is a way of life and we are looking for experienced recruits to invest themselves into our business and proactively drive our marketing and our teams forward. Our Mission Statement
About The Role
- In our business the customer always comes first
- We aim to be an ethical, innovative and technology driven direct marketing company
- We will supply a comprehensive range of competitively priced products, on time every time
- We will create a challenging, rewarding, and exciting workplace where our staff can thrive and prosper
Based within the trading team, this role is responsible for online trading being optimised to deliver on core KPIs, including sales, conversion rate, customer acquisition/retention, and profitability metrics. Joins the product and pricing elements of trading with effective online promotion by continually optimising conversion rates, traffic profiles and distribution of marketing spend. Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Trading Managers as appropriate
- Ensuring all online trading and ecommerce actions are fully aligned with the core commercials and trading strategy for Shelters, Furniture & Safety SBUs
- Constantly and logically shifting online marketing investment to fuel growth in sales and acquisition where appropriate, funded from low return areas, based on wider trading metrics
- Ownership of advertising strategy and setup across all ad platforms to maximise high quality traffic at an acceptable cost across all platforms, using analysis and action to identify and seize opportunities quickly
- Optimise all online traffic sources with a view to generating as much traffic as possible and implementing actions to convert as much of that traffic as possible - e.g. the creation and maintenance of specialist landing pages to specific sources of traffic
- Optimisation of custom and enquiry based products - working with digital team as appropriate
- Constant identification, action and reporting back on online opportunities across shelters, furniture and safety SBUs, such as areas of high profit/sales/acquisition where marketing investment is low, or pages with high traffic that could easily have their bounce/conversion rates improved through more effective online merchandising
- Constant analysis and optimisation of top traffic pages/homepages from a trading and merchandising perspective, spanning the core marketing mix
- Proactively ensure categorisation is constantly updated to reflect sales profiles, new product developments, emerging trends and SBU priorities, liaising with
What Does Success Look Like?
- Adding high quality, effective sales content to relevant product and category pages to drive the number of conversions upwards, working with digital marketing colleagues as appropriate
- Analysis, tracking and reporting of all online trading actions, with regular updates and reviews of activity completed and a strong focus on joining up with core trading metrics and targets
- Work with digital marketing team to ensure value added CRO testing is joined up with the wider trading strategy and priorities
- Working with customer experience team to ensure effective traffic from social media activity and effective use of customer feedback platforms
- Ensuring our value proposition and service guarantees are promoted effective via all online channels, including via high quality institutional pages
Key Competencies & Qualities
- Continued growth in sales, profitability and customer files for SBUs within the Shelters, Furniture & Safety division that exceeds targets.
- Highly effective and time efficient multi-tasking enabling simultaneous progress of multiple initiatives
- Online marketing channels that continually improve and evolve with a high volume of added value actions happening every week
- Significant growth in sales/enquiries relating to custom or manufactured products
- Increased acquisition and retention of b2b customers at a better cost
- Improved sales ratios relative to marketing spend
- Obsession over optimising the balance of ROI and acquisition levels in line with commercial objectives
- Delighted customers with improved rebuy rates and AOVs
- Improved core ecommerce metrics (e.g. conversion rate, bounce rate) on a growing volume of quality traffic
- Regular and meaningful reporting with proven value-added actions being continually proposed, completed and reported on
- Highly polished marketing across all online mediums that is superior to that of our competitors
- Product and online elements of day to day trading fully joined up and aligned
- Exceptional customer feedback across all major websites, promoted and utilised accordingly
- Effective hands-on leadership and development of junior staff
- Individual progression and growth in recognition of value being added.
- Demonstratable experience of proactively initiating and online trading initiatives that generate significant growth in sales and profitability
- Highly analytical, with expert knowledge of Google and Bing advertising platforms
- Expert knowledge and proactive value-added use of online reporting systems such as SEMRush and Google Analytics
- Strong communication skills with other sales/marketing stakeholders, and can understand the fundamentals of marketing/trading strategy across the marketing mix
- Can create high volume, high quality content that significantly increases conversion rates, and lead others to replicate the approach based on a repeatable method
- Can spot and promptly act on logical and easy wins - and takes pride in the difference those actions make
- Can demonstrate and quantify successful experience of working in ecommerce and/or direct marketing, as well as hands on marketing of physical products
- Competent and confident with systems used across marketing daily, from complex product databases, to email platforms, ad platforms, online reporting tools, to website CRMs and ticketing systems
- Entrepreneurial and curious, with a strong bias for hands on investigation and action
- A strong focus on objective figures and results
- Highly driven, hungry to succeed and able to work dynamically, with an ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks in an extremely busy environment
- Strong presence - can communicate proactively and confidently at all levels, from marketing assistant to CEO
- Strives to work to the highest standards 100% of the time and take pride in quality of work
- A positive and proactive approach - willing to get heavily invested in the company and strive to add value like it was your own.
- Relevant CIM qualifications and/or a marketing degree is desirable but not essential.
Benefits: Discounted gym membership, a number of staff incentives after 1 year of service, increasing holiday entitlement, further training opportunities supported.
To be considered for the Online Marketing Manager (Shelters, Furniture & Safety) role, please apply today.