|Recruiter:||Jaguar Land Rover|
|Listed on:||15th June|
|Salary/Rate:||£42,000 - £52,000|
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
What to expect
As a Steering Systems Integration engineer, you will be responsible for the end to end delivery from requirements capture through to software delivery, testing, calibration of the steering system, and delivery of the complete software package into production. You will work closely with; system, network, diagnostic, release, Hardware in the Loop engineers, dynamic tuning engineers, supplier support engineers, ADAS engineers to develop and deliver the steering software. The role involves driving the vehicles with a direct hands on approach to the steering assessment, debugging in real time the PSCM software and the interaction with other systems on the vehicle.
As a steering engineer you could be working on the front or rear steering systems and the purpose of this role is to coordinate the design, development, testing, commodity plan and introduction of Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) software and functionality into existing and new vehicles. (The EPAS software and hardware is sourced from the first-tier supplier into JLR). The role is joining experienced EPAS engineers, Electronic, network and system engineers within the Steering Power pack team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Delivery of EPAS steering Power Pack system functionality to the required timings and gateways.
* Driving the vehicles with the development software to evaluate and debug issues to enable a road release onto public roads, working with the Vehicle Dynamics team and ADAS teams.
* Manage vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
* Work closely with vehicle attribute teams and the EPAS supplier to develop software functionality and calibrations to achieve targets
* Working collaboratively with ADAS lateral motion systems to develop system controls.
* Debugging and investigation of customer warranty issues
* Liase with the HIL Steering system engineers, and diagnostic engineers to develop test cases.
* Working with the ODX/OTX engineers to design and develop structured diagnostic flows, and to test the diagnostic flows on the HIL rig
* Support software release engineers
* Prepare, audit and release Road test reports
* Prepare RFQs for steering system changes
* Support RFIs, RFQs, reviews of suppliers for new steering systems
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Full Driving licence
* System Design
* Problem solving and fault debugging techniques
* Serial communication systems
* Project and delivery planning
* Communication and presentation skills
* PC Microsoft programmes
* Motivation to succeed
* A good working knowledge of product and system definition
* Management experience
* Delivery of complex systems to time and budget
* Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
* Previous experience within Automotive engineering departments
* Software coding C / Python
* Network analysers such as Vector or Intrepid tools
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Contact Name: Land Rover Jaguar
Job ID: 3103576