Job title: Business Analyst
Job reference: REQ0001022
Date posted: 14/06/2022
Application closing date: 15/07/2022
Salary: Grade 6 £35,326 to £39,739
Job category/type: Professional/Managerial
We are recruiting for a talented IT Business Analyst to join our Business Analysis and Test team in IT Services to work on our exciting new Transforming Student Recruitment programme.
The Business Analyst will work towards delivering the objectives of the programme by developing and improving our CRM and other key systems that are used for student recruitment, marketing, applicant and admissions processes.
The role involves working with key University stakeholders and senior developers in IT Services to help realise and deliver the agreed roadmap of activities. Working as part of a Project team, you will ensure all complex, cross-functional business and non-functional requirements are captured, documented, analysed and validated to help aid solution design - using MS Dynamics frameworks and associated Power Platform tools.
Managing relationships with our internal colleagues and external partners is a key part of the role and you are expected to have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced business analyst looking to work in a supportive environment with a university that really considers the impact of change on its staff and their wellbeing.
You will have the opportunity to help improve our processes and standards and will be provided with the support and training necessary to ensure you develop personally.
• A comprehensive understanding of Business Analysis techniques and methodologies together with examples of how you have effectively deployed these skills across Business and Technical Programmes/Projects.
• Experience in either Microsoft CRM technologies and/or marketing and recruitment activities.
• Experience of analysing and documenting complex data, business processes and system design.
• Extensive Workshop facilitation experience with a range of stakeholders including senior stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation.
• Demonstratable experience of Business Process Design & Modelling.
It would be advantageous (but not essential) if you have experience of:
• Knowledge of working in a HE environment.
• Worked in or knowledge of Agile working best practices
Main responsibilities for the role include:
• Responsible for the capture, definition and documentation of complex, cross-functional business and non-functional requirements across a range of business projects in support of the Transform Recruitment Programme.
• For system improvements, translate requirements into functional design specifications.
• Investigate, document and analyse "as-is" processes and facilitate workshops to agree the future operating model.
• Conduct business impact assessments to identify how the changes from the "as-is" processes, systems, and structures to the "to-be" processes, systems and structures impact specific teams and roles.
• Responsible for planning and facilitating meetings, workshops and relations with both internal and external stakeholders during system investigations and throughout subsequent development work.
• This post will give you the opportunity to develop personally and professionally. You will be expected to undertake continuous personal and professional development and to engage fully with the University's annual Performance Development Review process.
Our University offers:
• 38 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays and Christmas closure;
• Flexible work arrangements, including working from home, and flexible hours;
• Attractive company pension scheme;
• A friendly and supportive working environment with good training opportunities;
• A wide range of employee benefits;
• Gym and sports facilities
Please note that all posts close at midnight and the job description and employee specification will no longer be available after the closing date so please download or print your application. You will also not be able to edit or submit a part-completed application form after the closing date.
We welcome applications from all individuals and particularly from black and minority ethnic candidates as members of these groups are currently under-represented at this level of post. All appointments will be based on merit.
To apply for this post please apply online and submit a CV and supporting statement (of no more than 2 sides of A4) addressing the employee specification.
Closing date: 15th July 2022 (Midnight) Please note that you will not be able to edit or submit a part-completed application form after the closing date.
Interview date: W/C 1st August