As a Frontend Engineer, you will be responsible for ONS web site components and the content management system including design, development, security, maintenance and testing.
You will work collaboratively with other team members, sharing knowledge and training opportunities to ensure your skills are relevant, up to date, transferable and in line with industry standards and expectations. Once you are familiar with our technologies and platform stack you may be asked to provide out of hours support.
We work in an inclusive environment and want all members of our team to feel they can contribute ideas to how we approach challenges and design solutions. We value a willingness to accept new ideas and be questioned on our own preconceptions.
We use the following technologies right now, but an interest in solving the problems we face is much more important than having experience in the technologies listed.
• Go MVC Templates
We know no two people will have the same experience, and that everyone's training needs will be different. We anticipate the first few sprints you're with our team will be a combination of learning our technologies, getting to know your team and mutually learning how each other work best. We provide training and guidance on the technologies we use, and the team will support you as you get to grips with our systems.
This role is part of the cross-government Digital, Data & Technology (DDaT) profession framework. As a role within DDaT at the ONS, we also offer benefits such as:
• Protected Learning Time of up to 10% of your weekly hours, to spend on your personal development and side-projects.
• A supportive and active Community of Practice which you will be expected to contribute to, helping ensure you and your colleagues get the training, development and opportunities you need to
progress your careers.
• The opportunity to be part of our annual progression panels, giving yearly promotion opportunities.
As an ONS employee you get:
- Hybrid working in an organisation voted top in the UK for work-life balance
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns *for every role* full-time, part-time, job-share.
- Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Generous holiday allowance - 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years service in addition to 9 public holidays
For more information about this role, a full application pack, and to apply, please click the APPLY button.