|Recruiter:||Jaguar Land Rover|
|Listed on:||13th June|
|Salary/Rate:||£41,000 - £50,000|
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This role will be responsible for leading all traction inverter current car quality topics at Jaguar Land Rover. This will involve managing a number of tier 1 suppliers to deliver updates to SW & HW as well as co-ordinating cross-functionally to solve warranty related issues. In addition, the lead current car inverter engineer will be responsible for ensuring we continuously improve inverter quality and continue to enable our dealers to be as effective as possible when resolving Inverter related issues.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
• Act as the primary engineering interface between stakeholders & tier 1 suppliers for all post start of sale activities.
• Manage hardware and/or software changes (driven by internal requirement changes) from supplier through to production - including BoM releases and commercials where appropriate.
• Lead the resolution of inverter quality related issues through 8D process and update relevant systems appropriately. This will include providing direction to internal test teams and supplier teams.
• Completing re-application work of existing Inverters to new/modified vehicle lines where required (e.g. ensuring device transmittals are completed).
• Support the team with the resolution of technical assistance queries from dealers for resolution of Inverter related issues in the field.
• Use dealer/fault data to identify common trends of issues to pro-actively improve our diagnostics robustness and/or dealer help text.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Good experience solving issues using standardised problem solving tools (e.g. 8D).
• Good experience of supplier and/or programme management with commercial awareness.
• Knowledge of automotive ECU HW and key components.
• Some experience co-ordinating small teams.
• Ability to integrate and manipulate data to make informed decisions.
• Good ECU diagnostics knowledge - Including knowledge of what a robust DTC looks like and how to integrate associated data.
• Knowledge of ECU HW & SW validation processes.
• Experience working on HV automotive components (e.g. Inverters, DCDCs, Batteries etc.)
• Lean Six Sigma Yellow, Green or Black belt training (or other equivalent training).
Contact Name: Land Rover Jaguar
Job ID: 3102938