A fabulous opportunity for a Junior Support Engineer to do a range of things at a 1st and 2nd line level, with your responsibilities growing with your experience. We are a small, highly successful software house working on prestigious projects predominantly in National Government. We have a WFH policy but this role will have a 'hybrid' element where you will work at home and also in our Central London co-working hub. So you can mainly work from home but also work in the office on average 2 days a month (though you can do more if you wish!).
We understand that this is a Junior role, but we have high hopes for the person joining us! The list below includes all the responsibilities you will take on but fear not - you will be coached and supported through all of these until you are ready to take those steps on your own. Look at this as more of an aspirational list - do these look like the challenges you would want to get your teeth stuck into?
- Act as front-line Support Engineer, ensuring all support tickets are proactively managed throughout their lifecycle, and regularly updated with active client communications
- Resolve first line support issues and where necessary liaise with clients, internal customers, and support partners in order to resolve first line support issues - you will be the face of Surevine and the first point of contact for people having problems, so you will need to prioritise customer satisfaction and engagement above all else
- Escalate issues, as needed, to Technical Lead
- Update and maintain Surevine's knowledge bases
- Produce the support data required for Surevine's monthly service reports
- Support our multi-disciplinary software development teams as needed
- Be part of an occasional out-of-hours on call rota
- Configure and setup new starter's laptops
- Track and audit company assets via an asset manager
- Configure and maintain security SaaS systems (Security Scanning/UEM device management/Antivirus)
- Support and maintain Surevine's internal cloud infrastructure, network infrastructures and maintain high availability through proactive measures, advanced troubleshooting and proactive administration
- Deploy software and changes to clients' systems during out of hours change windows
Skills and Experience
We aren't expecting you to be a dab hand at everything just yet, but any experience, exposure to or even an awareness of the following will be a big help:
- Jive software
- Amazon AWS
- Password management tools (e.g. LastPass)
- Computer management - (e.g. Airwatch)
- Mac OS / Ubuntu setup and configuration
- Networks and Security - TCP/IP, routing, firewalling, IPSEC and SSL-VPN
- Security scanning - GreenBone, Guarduty etc.
Character traits and experience
- Background in Customer Support / Service Desk
- Disciplined, self-organised and motivated to learn and improve in a busy and changing environment
- Demonstrable Customer Service characteristics; good spoken, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail. Can you spot the difference between I and l (i and L)?
- Hold a Computer Science, Engineering, Security or numerate degree qualification, a BTEC Higher National Diploma or other vocational equivalent (such as identifiable contribution to an Open Source project)
You will work on leading edge tech, working with a hugely talented tech team, where technical and professional development are important features in the company culture. We'd like to hear from a team player who is tenacious about getting things done in an environment of creativity and quality delivery. In due course you may need to be security cleared.
Contact Name: Kieran Best