|Recruiter:||Wildfowl & Wetland Trust|
|Listed on:||13th June|
|Salary/Rate:||£22,015 - £22,015|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Assistant IT Support Technician
37.5 hours per week
£22,015.50 per annum
This is a great opportunity to join our IT Team, helping to provide support to users across our locations.
If you enjoy technology and have a passion for problem-solving, we would love to hear from you. This role will receive support and ongoing guidance from across the team to build on your experience so a keenness to learn and develop your skills is key.
As an Assistant IT Support Technician, you will:
- Assist in ensuring speedy resolution of 1st line Help Desk queries and change requests
- Provide IT related support to the WWT end-user community
- Play a key role in processing, configuring and issuing new PCs, laptops and associated peripherals to WWT requirements
- Troubleshoot PCs, laptops and associated peripherals and escalate to senior IT staff and / or 3rd party support where appropriate
- Perform common user account administration including creating / removing user accounts and managing permissions
- Keep updated relevant IT documentation
- Assist other members of the IT Team in their daily activities and IT projects
You will ideally have experience of supporting a wide range of end users in a Microsoft network. You should be confident in supporting Windows 10 and Office 16 and experience in supporting Office 365 would be an advantage. You will also need experience of configuring and maintaining PCs, laptops and associated peripherals, together with a good understanding of basic LAN and WAN network support techniques.
Additionally, you should possess strong communication skills and be able to assist a wide range of users, often remotely, in a professional and polite manner.
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a conservation charity that protects wetlands for wildlife and people. We conserve, restore and create wetlands. We are pioneers in saving wetland wildlife, both in the UK and around the world. At our 10 UK sites, around a million visitors a year engage with wetland nature. We work internationally in key global wetland areas, balancing conservation with sustainable livelihoods and influencing national and international conservation policies.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you'll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years' service
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
Closing date: Sunday 26th June 2022
Interview date: Monday 4th July 2022
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
Registered Charity Number England & Wales, no 1030884 and Scotland, no SC039410.
So, if you're seeking an opportunity as an Assistant IT Support Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.