11th (RSS) Signal Regiment, Blandford Camp, Dorset, is part of the Defence College of Technical Training (DCTT) and delivers Information Technology (IT) and Communications Information Systems (CIS) training and education.
We have vacancies for IT/CIS lecturers to prepare future Defence IT/ICT professionals for the technological challenges they face both now and in the future. The ideal candidate will have a degree in an IT related subject and a teaching qualification at level 5 (certificate of Education).
We are interested in candidates with experience in delivering Computer sciences and in particular either of the following disciplines:
- IT Electronics and engineering including advanced Mathematics.
- Networking (ITN, SWRE, ENSA (ROUTE, 300-115 SWITCH and 300-135 TSHOOT). Ideally the successful candidate will hold or be actively working towards attaining ENCOR and ENARSI instructor status.
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Server and Exchange to MTA standard) or CompTIA.
The key tasks of the IT/ICT lecturer are:
- Training Delivery. Deliver technical theory lectures and practical training in compliance with Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT), Burnham Lecturers Management Practices Document (BLMPD) and Professional Standards for Teachers and Trainers in Education and Training (PSTTET).
- Training Delivery. Maintain a safe training environment conducive to learning in compliance with DSAT, BLMPD.
- Training Delivery. Contribute to the development and maintenance of course subject matter content in accordance with DSAT and PSTTTE.
- Training Delivery. Maintain own Subject Matter Expertise, undertake Continuous Professional Development as directed, in compliance with MOD Civil Service policy, BLMPD and PSTTTE.
- Training Quality Assurance. Contribute to maintenance of training quality through Course Review Working Groups and Staff and Trainee feedback in accordance with JSP 822, DSAT.
- Training Quality Assurance. Maintain Training Delivery Documentation (lesson specification, lesson plans and lesson content including delivery media) in accordance with DSAT process and JSP 822.
- Training Quality Assurance. Maintain integrity of training documentation, training Methods and Media inclusive of training aides. Ensure control, accountability and safekeeping of sensitive material and equipment used in delivery and assessment of training.
- Training Quality Assurance. Contribute to training delivery quality assurance audits and Internal Validation in accordance with JSP 822.
Entry requirements to the BL Group will normally be a minimum of a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Exceptionally, candidates with significant experience of teaching may be allowed entry with Level 4 qualifications (HNC/HND/FdSc) but should be supported to obtain Level 6 (Undergraduate degree) in the Technical area as soon as practicable.
In addition to this, a teaching qualification that equates to at least level 5 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) (i.e. a minimum of a Cert Ed), is required. The Postgraduate Certificate in Education is at level 6 on the QCF and is desirable.
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Teaching Practice Presentation of a technical IT/ICT subject. Please see under Selection Process Details.
The Ministry of Defence offers a range of flexibilities to enable a better work-life balance for employees. Alternative Working Patterns, in accordance with policy, can be considered where it can be accommodated by the business, but there may be occasions when a presence on site during standard working hours may be required. All working patterns and flexibilities are subject to agreement with the Line Manager.
- A Covid secure working environment
- Statutory Public Holidays, in addition to 30 days paid holiday per year.
- Enrolment in Teachers contributory Pension Scheme
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- An environment with flexible working options
- Learning and development tailored to your role, with options to gain further and higher education certification
- Blandford Camp has a wide selection of retail catering outlets offering refreshments as well as several subsidised staff canteens
- Gymnasium (contributory membership) with up to date cardiovascular and static weight equipment and Gym classe
- Blandford Garrison boasts a subsidised cinema showing latest releases
- Free access to Royal Signals Museum
- Pensions: Superannuation will be in accordance with the Teachers' Pension Scheme
To apply, please visit our website by clicking the APPLY button.
Closing date: 28 July 2022
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Contact Name: MOD