Senior Algorithmic Trading Software Engineer (Fully Remote)
Nigel Frank International
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior Algorithmic Trading Software Engineer
The Software Engineer, Team Lead will have a solid knowledge of database concepts and software development tools. They will work closely with other Software Engineers, Business Systems Analysts, and business stakeholders to develop and maintain complex database solutions. Additionally, the Senior Database SE will lead a team of developers to implement complex software solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop, analyze, and optimize execution algorithms for global equity markets.
* Conduct primary research on the intraday trading signals for equities
* Develop predictive medium-term and short-term equity price models
* Daily support for algorithmic investment strategies that use algorithmic execution
* Lead projects to develop custom Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) and Market Impact studies
* Work with our Decision Support team to build custom trading analytics / tools.
* Work with our Capital Markets team to build trading infrastructure software components
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor's or Master's degree in STEM or Finance and 5+ years of relevant experiencePrevious experience working with equity investments is requiredAbility to develop execution algorithms in code is required (in Python, C#, of C++)Expert skill in writing SQL queries to gather, clean, and analyze market data is requiredPrevious experience working on a trade desk is a plusFamiliarity with OMS, EMS, and Portfolio Management Systems is a plus. Familiarity with FIX protocol is a plus. Excellent writing and presentation skills are requiredAbility to thrive in a remote work environment is essential.Competencies:
* Perform all work and activities with honesty and integrity.
* Effectively communicate (and listen) clearly, professionally, politely, and persuasively in all situations; respond well and in a reasonable, timely manner.
* Challenge conventional practices and use creativity and information to lead, innovate, problem solve, and implement ideas to contribute to the growth of the organization.
* Collaborates with co-workers to achieve common goals.
* Take personal responsibility for productivity, quality, and timeliness of work.